ItoO - Background Tasks [special] šŸ„³

@Xoma you might want to check, if the extension is running in the companion and display a nice error message in this case. .

Taifun

1 Like

I donā€™t understand why a sample ā€œaiaā€ project is not shared. @Xoma. Thanks for sharing though. I hope Iā€™ll try to get it working in the comments.

great extension. thanks
looking forward for your next update.
I have a problem with 1.3, if I add the extension, There is problem parsing package when installing the app. with version 1.2 no problem

This is a known issueā€¦ I already reported it here almost 2 weeks agoā€¦

Taifun

Hi, I would release an update that would also fix the old issues including the install error (there are many things changed, and sorry, I was quite inactive for some time)

1 Like

I am using ItoO - Background Task Extension only.

October 8 APK complied fine from kodukar. I complied the same app without any change on October 11. Itā€™s not working

Please look in to thisā€¦

Thank you
Thuva

You could have found the answer yourself here

Taifun
PS: I will move this into the correct threadā€¦

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: TaifunBattery extension issue

Hi Iā€™ve tested the extension in many different versions and it doesnā€™t work when I enter the package name! But when I leave the package name blank it works fine! Please get back to me about the problem!!

Get the latest version from here: [FREE] Background Tasks: Itoo - Extensions - MIT App Inventor Community

Greeat job :+1::+1:
could you please help me about when firebase database data changed block that how can I make logic for this whenever farebase database data changes the notification should appear for my admin app even my app is inactiveā€¦?

Well that is possible, well, hmm , what have you tried?

yes i did but it didā€™nt worked or may be i am doing it wrong .
Remember: i tried with simple notification it worked in foreground.

Do not use the old version, get the latest version from AppInventor community, i have not updated the topic here:

Blocks are okay or notā€¦??

No, they are old blocks, deprecated.

could you plzz help me to create logic with your newer version of extension. please pleaseā€¦??

@Xoma now can we combined this for App active and foreground both?? & I want to run it continuesly until the user want to stop it because I am trying to use it for music player notification for foreground :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
And if you have some time can you build a block and can you show for me?

Hi @Xoma , I want to implement Reminder functionality in my app, Can you give me a rough Idea about how can I schedule a notification for a specific time (Generally Time.Now + 2 Days is what I would set).

Such Reminder functionality is what to want to add to my blocks. Your help would be really appreciated.

Wdymā€¦? Btw, for running a music player in background, a foreground service would be required.

Scheduling that way is not yet possible, the API for alarm manager was removed in the latest Itoo update, however I had made a similar extension for that purpose before, if you are interested, you can purchase it.