ItoO - Background Tasks [special] 🥳

great extension. thanks
looking forward for your next update.
I have a problem with 1.3, if I add the extension, There is problem parsing package when installing the app. with version 1.2 no problem

This is a known issue… I already reported it here almost 2 weeks ago…

Taifun

Hi, I would release an update that would also fix the old issues including the install error (there are many things changed, and sorry, I was quite inactive for some time)

1 Like

I am using ItoO - Background Task Extension only.

October 8 APK complied fine from kodukar. I complied the same app without any change on October 11. It’s not working

Please look in to this…

Thank you
Thuva

You could have found the answer yourself here

Taifun
PS: I will move this into the correct thread…

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: TaifunBattery extension issue

Hi I’ve tested the extension in many different versions and it doesn’t work when I enter the package name! But when I leave the package name blank it works fine! Please get back to me about the problem!!

Get the latest version from here: [FREE] Background Tasks: Itoo - Extensions - MIT App Inventor Community

Greeat job :+1::+1:
could you please help me about when firebase database data changed block that how can I make logic for this whenever farebase database data changes the notification should appear for my admin app even my app is inactive…?

Well that is possible, well, hmm , what have you tried?

yes i did but it did’nt worked or may be i am doing it wrong .
Remember: i tried with simple notification it worked in foreground.

Do not use the old version, get the latest version from AppInventor community, i have not updated the topic here:

Blocks are okay or not…??

No, they are old blocks, deprecated.

could you plzz help me to create logic with your newer version of extension. please please…??

@Xoma now can we combined this for App active and foreground both?? & I want to run it continuesly until the user want to stop it because I am trying to use it for music player notification for foreground :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
And if you have some time can you build a block and can you show for me?

Hi @Xoma , I want to implement Reminder functionality in my app, Can you give me a rough Idea about how can I schedule a notification for a specific time (Generally Time.Now + 2 Days is what I would set).

Such Reminder functionality is what to want to add to my blocks. Your help would be really appreciated.

Wdym…? Btw, for running a music player in background, a foreground service would be required.

Scheduling that way is not yet possible, the API for alarm manager was removed in the latest Itoo update, however I had made a similar extension for that purpose before, if you are interested, you can purchase it.

Yes Please refer that too me, I would surly look into its documentation and decide next.

You might be interested in App Inventor Extensions: Alarm Manager | Pura Vida Apps
Taifun