Kodular is unable to compile my project!

Hi everyone,

Kodular is unable to compile my project! It seems that there is a Firebase error, but I do not know why.

When I opened the compile output error, it showed this in a new tab:

Kodular is unable to compile this project.
The compiler error output was
________Preparing application icon
________Creating animation xml
________Creating fragment xml
________Creating listview xml in res/layout/…
________Creating listview xml in res/layout-v21/…
________Creating xml in res/drawable/…
________Creating splash png in res/drawable/…
________Creating colors xml
________Creating styles xml
________Creating drawables xml v21
________Checking for firebase
________________Firebase components found.
________________Firebase config file error.

Dictionary.aia (60.0 KB)

Can somebody help me please?

2 Likes

What package name have you entered in firebase and what is the package name you have entered in kodular ? are they same ?

They should be same

Try this google-services.json (1.3 KB)

1 Like

Oh, my package name was io.balloon.dictionary, and the Firebase showed the same thing.

OK, I’ll try.

Woohoo, it worked! Thank you!

And, I noticed that my previous JSON does not have the following line in the file after I compared them. It is in the fifth line in the file you gave me, @Boban. Also, I saw this in your post in the comment. I don’t know why is the line not there.

Blockquote “firebase_url”: "https://signup-17233.firebaseio.com"

How do you add this line to a JSON file?

I dont know exactly reason but AFAIK, its happens when you create your app in firebase authentication without creating the realtime database. If the database have not created then firebase cant add your databse link as it does not exist thats why it sometime happens. You can google it more info.

Open the json file in notepad app and then add this line to that file and save it. The open your app project and reupload it as the same name google-services.json.

2 Likes

Exactly that was the reason for this kind of error

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.