Kodular's position in not meeting the demands

Thank you Pavi. I have writen Diego, Mika, Sivagiri and Conor regarding this issue and so far your was the only answer. As a premium member, I would very much like to ask for more detais. I don’t mind paying more for my subscription as long as this doesn’t mean a huge cost increase and that we can continue to deliver to our costumers without any further problems. That being said, transparency and open communication is a huge part of this. For the time being, I will keep my projects in Kodular and hope for the best.

3 Likes

Dear Kodular team,

I’ve managed so many IT projects in my life finishing with same journey : first super enthusiastic, than passionate, than harder to keep the passion weeks after weeks, and finally boring for all the team.

In one word like in thousand : you probably want to get rid of Kodular. It’s life.

So my question is simple : how much does it worth for you ? how much are you ready to sell the whole show ?

We, the users, can manage to find some investors and serious partners to continue the quest.

Sincerely.

17 Likes

As a premium user, i have problems with build everytime, how do i justify this to my bosses…
I do not understand this

That’s true. That’s why us, the users that make money out from Kodular are willing to pay more, with the only condition of having a better platform and at least some kind of customer service.

Because we don’t need just to be your users but your customers.
Pointed that, Kodular needs to be a bussiness and a job for their staff not just a hobby which can not be sustained.

5 Likes

@Kodular wake up! :frog:

2 Likes

Just to remember some of the many broken promises

11 Likes

We definitely want to change that. It’s pathetic for us, too. We will certainly be improving our services before we increase the prices. As a measure, we’re hiring some people to help us. I really hope that we gain your trust and confidence in us back by the end of this year.

6 Likes

I do not trust this, it has happened too many times.
I believe you guys are too comfortable with this approach.

Always Lies !!

1 Like

I definitely understand this. However, Kodular doesn’t pay us enough (what the market pays). I spend the last 6 years of my life working on Kodular without any monetary expectations (even during the hard times of the lockdown). But, as we grow up, money becomes crucial for a living. Which is why we do full-time jobs apart from working on Kodular during the weekends. We have tried reaching out for investments, merging with App Inventor. As a user/customer, I understand that none of this matters to you, but this is our reality.

9 Likes

Thank you for the kodular feedback.
My suggestion is: start with the simple.
Take note of the main bugs that the community has reported and use creative solutions, even if they are temporary.
For example: The APK file after being built takes just 10 minutes to expire. Because the build servers are slow, the link often expires before we have time to download. This leads users to build the APK again which will naturally overload it. Simple solution: Increase the time for the link to expire to at least 30 minutes, this will ensure that the server’s work is not lost.

8 Likes

Thanks @dvdrothen! We highly need suggestions on corrective measures like this.

I just fixed this in our code. It will be there in the new update.

7 Likes

It is a nice solution for the problem.

Thanks @pavi2410 cuz at least you are not in sleep. Kindly look around the community and fix those issues and give us a date for next update. then we can notify our customer or clients for app update also.

2 Likes

This is ok but Update All Monetization Network & Onesignal / Firebase / Airtable Other Component

1 Like

I suggest creating a queue for creating the aab. so instead of creating requests all day and overloading the server, I send 1 request and when it’s my turn it will be compiled. it could be sent via email or an external link to free up space on server. or a guide to sign the apk on our computer

11 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: AAB Build failed

With so many broken promises, it is best to first make Kodular Better again and gain our trusts before you increase the prices. We trusted you and paid for subscription but you’ve let us down.

Second thing, the premium users are facing the same delays and challenges despite paying for subscription. I think you could use a queue or limit number of builds for free users and prioritize premium users, this would release strain on the resources and also give premium users the value for their money.

It is more painful to feel scammed as a premium user.

Third thing, check on subscriptions faults, I have been double billed twice. Searching for help in the community I realized Kodular was silent to such complaints. I inboxed like 5 staffs on the same and even sent emails but no one responded.

Thank you for opening this topic to listen to our grievances. Thank was bravery and you’ve earned my respect @pavi2410

3 Likes

First off, I want to say that my opinion might go against the general idea, therefore remember that it is only my opinion. I would like to say that I too have been affected by the build error just as much as everybody else, but canceling subs is not the answer, you’re making the situation worse by taking away the dev’s income, remember that although they do offer a subs, for the price ( having them do all the heavy lifting on the development side), so that we can pseudo code our apps is honestly very fair. having said that I do believe that as a small team they might not be aware that we would happily pay for those extra features giving the chance.

• white label
  • increase asset Mb
  • increase build size Mb

Remember to error is human, And as of now a workaround has been provided, so we should just let the devs work and focus on giving us a better experience without pressuring them too much,since more pressure = more bugs at the end of the day.

4 Likes

I was double billed for MONTHS

I eventually cancelled the card they were drawing from and got a new one.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

… but if you really want to f it up, you need a computer :slight_smile: