LabelAddOn extension: For some reason, asks for Microphone and Location permit?

Extension specifically to read screen density and configuration font size.

Hello everyone, using the “taifun Settings” extension App Inventor Extensions: Settings | Pura Vida Apps

I need to use the function to read the font size of the telephone configuration, but without having to incorporate in my application the other functions that I will not use such as tones and telephone calls, microphone, gps, etc. functions. Since even if you do not use these blocks, uploading the APK to Google PlayStore indicates that the application needs GPS and Read_Phone_State and microphone permissions. Is there any workaround to remove those code sections from taifun extension? so I don’t have to include these permissions in my app, since I don’t want to be invasive with the users of my app.

PermisosDeTaifunToolSetting

In advance, thanks to the developers of @Taifun extensions and others who make kodular bigger and better.
Sorry for my English if I do not understand, I speak Spanish

1 Like

If you edit manifest xml can remove some permissions

1 Like

Please, if my answer solve you problem, mark my post as solution

1 Like

Ok, I haven’t had time to try it yet. But tomorrow I will surely try as you say :+1:

These doesn’t come from Taifun’s settings extension…

1 Like

I already found the apk manifest file. Here are the necessary permissions for my app. How do I edit this file to remove the ones I don’t use?PermisosDeTaifunToolSetting2

u s e s - p e r m i s s i o n ’ a n d r o i d . p e r m i s s i o n . A C C E S S _ F I N E _ L O C A T I O N - a n d r o i d . p e r m i s s i o n . A C C E S S _ N O T I F I C A T I O N _ P O L I C Y ) a n d r o i d . p e r m i s s i o n . A C C E S S _ C O A R S E _ L O C A T I O N e a n d r o i d . p e r m i s s i o n . I N T E R N E T ’ a n d r o i d . p e r m i s s i o n . A C C E S S _ N E T W O R K _ S T A T E a n d r o i d . p e r m i s s i o n . W A K E _ L O C K $ a n d r o i d . p e r m i s s i o n . A C C E S S _ W I F I _ S T A T E ( a n d r o i d . p e r m i s s i o n . R E A D _ E X T E R N A L _ S T O R A G E a n d r o i d . p e r m i s s i o n . R E C O R D _ A U D I O ) a n d r o i d . p e r m i s s i o n . W R I T E _ E X T E R N A L _ S T O R A G E ! a n d r o i d . p e r m i s s i o n . W R I T E _ S E T T I N G S # a n d r o i d . p e r m i s s i o n . R E A D _ P H O N E _ S T A T E

as you can see from the documentation App Inventor Extensions: Settings | Pura Vida Apps, these permissions are not added by the settings extension

Required permissions for the free version: android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

Required permissions for the paid version: android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE, android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS, android.permission.ACCESS_NOTIFICATION_POLICY

let me suggest you to identify the component or extension, which requests these permissions…

Taifun

they are right, it is not the taifun extension. I thought it was that extension because it was the last one I added. This really worries me more. What extension will these permits need? The other option is the LabelAddon extension but it is only for text effects.

PermisosDeTaifunToolSetting2

I already found the culprit. It is the LabelAddOn extension.
For some reason, ask for Microphone and Location permits.
How do I fix this? Will it be possible to contact the creator of this extension?

Delete this extension from my app and it will be fixed, but I need this extension.

it seems to be, you are talking about the Label AddOn Extension by Andres
sure, just ask @Andres_Cotes

Taifun
PS: I now updated the subject of your thread…

1 Like

I am reading the extension files directly. and I found that it uses a broadcast library. Is it possible for this extension to send spy data?

I only can say, that @Andres_Cotes is a respected member not only of this community, but also of the communities of App Inventor and others, there might be some reason for these permissions… just be patient and let’s see and wait for an answer from @Andres_Cotes

Taifun

1 Like

I cannot solve this problem, so use another method to avoid having to use this extension (pity).

Use this method as an alternative: a text box, so that it can be selected I put read “only in true” and not select “read only false”. To make the keyboard appear, I use a clock at 1ms to hide the keyboard.

“only in false”
touch2

“only in true”
touch3

Thanks for your valuable help

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.