Learn how to create extensions

yess you are right

1 Like

I copied in main directory and all folders & its builded and working too :wink:

1 Like

component_method (4)
Which type of block is this? Simple Block or Simple event block?

1 Like

@SimpleFunction

3 Likes

To create purple block use simplefunction for events (yellow block) use simple event and for green block use simple property

1 Like

You must read it before starting extension development:

Hoo hoo, I see

3 Likes

@Shreyash Thank You, I did the tutorial and it worked the first time. I generated another simple extension with just a simple compound interest formula.
And @Silver that is helping me …

4 Likes

Congratulations :confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

1 Like

Is that a must to have JDK? If yes, is that a must to create an account just for that? Cuz I can’t download without it.

Yes.it won’t work without it.

Yes i think you need to create an Oracle account

2 Likes

Hi @Shreyash, I am new to build extension in pc. I did those in appybuilder before.

I used your template and follow all the steps (I used VS code), but there’s so many errors here.

Is this normal?

With the latest version of the extension repo, you need to check out the additional git-submodule that contains the necessary dependencies for extensions. It’s likely you haven’t done this, and hence all those errors. Just run git submodule update --init and you’re good to go.

PS: I’ll update the article to reflect these new changes.

3 Likes

I wasn’t able to run that, or I should run it other where? I ran it in the VS code terminal.

Seems like you don’t have Git installed. Unlike previous versions, this version of extension template requires it.

This one?

Yeah. Or you can install GitHub desktop and it will install Git for you.

1 Like

Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

Now the result
And it’s still not working, unfortunately.

Oh, I know what’s causing it. Follow the below steps:

• Clone a fresh repo in a new directory using git clone https://github.com/mit-cml/extension-template
  • Once it’s cloned, run git submodule update --init

It’s happening because you’ve downloaded the repo and not cloned it using Git.

2 Likes