I have searched abt the limitations of google sheets but have one doubt that whether for one spreadsheet we get limit of 5 million cells, or how many spreadsheets we create the total of those sheets should be max 5 million cells
I found this info
Each worksheet can consist of up to 256 columns per sheet, 400,000 cells, or 200 sheets, whichever is the earlier. There is no limit on the number of rows.
Spreadsheets can have up to 40,000 cells with formulas. The following limitations apply to this total amount:
up to 1,000 GoogleFinance formulas,
up to 1,000 GoogleLookup formulas,
up to 50 import formulas.
Each user is limited to 1,000 worksheets. Spreadsheets that another user shares with you are not included in this limit.
Only 11 spreadsheets can be opened at a time.
The maximum size of spreadsheets you can import is 1 MB in xls, xlsx, csv, or ods, txt, tsv or tsb format.
Maximum of 5 Million Cells.
and how many sheets in one spreadsheet, along with how many cells in one sheet of a spreadsheet
He explains it very well here
I’m sorry maybe the info i take is old ( don’t have a publication date, I can’t post link where, the site is in spanish, I traslate to post ).
Searching found official site with the info:
The following are the maximum file sizes you can store in Google Drive:
- Up to 1.02 million characters.
- If you convert a text document to Google Docs format, it can be up to 50 MB.
- Up to 5 million cells or 18,278 columns (column ZZZ) for spreadsheets that are created in or converted to Google Sheets.
- Up to 5 million cells or 18,278 columns for spreadsheets imported from Microsoft Excel. The limits are the same for Excel and CSV imports.
- If any one cell has more than 50,000 characters, that single cell will not be uploaded.
- Up to 100 MB for presentations converted to Google Slides.
Google Sites (new)
- Up to 200,000 characters per page.
- Up to 10,000 images per site.
- Up to 1,000 pages (max 10 million characters).
All other files
- Up to 5 TB.
Supported file types
Any file type can be stored in Drive. These are the most common file types you can preview in Google Drive:
- Archive files (.ZIP, .RAR, tar, gzip)
- Audio formats (MP3, MPEG, WAV, .ogg, .opus)
- Image files (.JPEG, .PNG, .GIF, .BMP, .TIFF, .SVG)
- Markup/Code (.CSS, .HTML, .PHP, .C, .CPP, .H, .HPP, .JS, .java, .py)
- Text files (.TXT)
- Video files (WebM, .MPEG4, .3GPP, .MOV, .AVI, .MPEGPS, .WMV, .FLV, .ogg)
- Autodesk AutoCad (.DXF)
- Illustrator (.AI)
- Photoshop (.PSD)
- Portable Document Format (.PDF)
- PostScript (.EPS, .PS)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (.SVG)
- Tagged Image File Format (.TIFF) - best with RGB .TIFF images
- TrueType (.TTF)
- Excel (.XLS and .XLSX)
- PowerPoint (.PPT and .PPTX)
- Word (.DOC and .DOCX)
- XML Paper Specification (.XPS)
- Password-protected Microsoft Office files
- Editor files (.key, .numbers)
You can check the Info from here:
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.