List from csv table to tinyDB doesn't work properly

Hi everyone!

I want to store csv table file on multiple tinyDB tag using file component and I have some trouble with it!

At first, I stored a csv table file with 8 rows and 240 columns per rows for a Quiz without problem. I just wanted to add more content before publish my app, everything worked without issue.

Then I tried to add content with loading larger file opening app with 16 rows instead of 8 rows and I had the error “list index too large”: impossible to load and store all file items with one csv file (because of too many rows?).

So I tried to do so in 2 parts, with 2 files with 8 rows: no error but the problem is that lists from different files are mix randomly together among tinyDB tags and I don’t know why…

What am I doing wrong? Is there a solution ?

!

Thank you in advance.

make sure to always have the same number of columns
probably you are using a comma inside the text? Remember, a comma is used as column delimiter
also make sure to not have an empty row as last row inside the csv file

Taifun

1 Like

Indeed, I had less columns with rows 9-16 than 1-8 and I just tried filling empty columns to see and it works properly!

Meanwhile I found another manner working using one file component and one list every csv file, but your manner is way better, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.