Load html in webviewer

Any news about this?I have searched through your entire documentation and not found anything about a diffrent path to the assets other than the one for the companion

1 Like

U dont had any time to test out the aia and apk @Mika?

This is what he said earlier. Be patient.

Iam not at home until tomorrow.

1 Like

at least you forgot to upload the jQuery file jquery-1.8.0.min.js into the assets…
there also might be further issues…
Taifun

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
  <meta name="author" content="Winsa">
  <meta charset="utf-8">

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no" />
  <title>Label</title>

<script src="jquery-1.8.0.min.js"></script>
  <script>
  // urldecode function, which also handles the case of spaces being encoded as +
  // http://stackoverflow.com/a/4458580/1545993
  function urldecode(str) {
    return decodeURIComponent((str+'').replace(/\+/g, '%20'));
  }
  </script>
<style>
h1 {list-style:none;}
a {color:black;list-style:none;underline:none}
a:link {color:black;list-style:none;underline:none}
span {color:black;list-style:none;underline:none}
span:link {color:black;list-style:none;underline:none}
li {color:black;list-style:none;underline:none}
ul {color:black;list-style:none;underline:none}
</style>
</head>

<body>
  <script>
    // get the text to display from the webviewstring, urldecoded
    var strLabel = urldecode(window.AppInventor.getWebViewString());

// append the text to the body of the html document
    $("<div>" + strLabel + "</div>").appendTo("body");
  </script>
</body>
</html>

@Taifun points​ out correctly that you haven’t added the jQuery file, which is probably the reason why the WebViewer appears blank.

I tested the Web Viewer component with a different HTML file and it is working as expected.

You can see the WebViewer loading the page in this app:
WebViewer.aia (5.9 KB)
WebViewer.apk (3.8 MB)

3 Likes

So i got the testfile to work but my main app still wont work and this app have had the jquery file in the assets the whole time. Hoewer, when i try to delete it from the assets it just gives me an internal error. Can this have something to do with the problem? I downloaded it to make sure it was still in the assets as a compiled app and it is still there

1 Like

any screenshot of that error?
if you want to use jquery, then obviously you have to import the jQuery libraries into the assets…
Taifun

2 Likes

Here is the error message from Makeroid
Technical Data to be Submitted:

notes = Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.87 Safari/537.36
foundIn = 1.0.1-Andromeda
faultData = com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError) : Cannot read property ‘length’ of undefined

Of course the jquery file is in the assets. The project was exported from thunkable to makeroid and diden´t have this problem there.

ok, so the solution to the test project issue was to add the jQuery library
does your main project work using the companion app?
does your html file work in a browser outside of your app?
how to test this, see also Q here App Inventor Tutorials and Examples: Listview | Pura Vida Apps
do you like to add your html file into this thread or prepare a more meaningful test project?

Taifun

Cant test on the companion due to the extension bug
It works in a browser
I can send the .aia to you if you want to try it

in the block screen u should chane the file path to
file:///mnt/sdcard/AppInventor/assets/
to use on companion.

I Know It But How to Open A HTML That Is There In the Phone Storage.
I Can;t Even Read The Content Of the File And Then Get the Content and load that Html Code in web View

1 Like

how to set the js file into the app blocks

Are u talking about html code or html file from assets

You can run js through html file from assets and for simple js without function use evaluteJs block

1 Like

I would like to know why the jquery block cannot be loaded with the Load Html block. I want to use a small html script offline. Jquery.min.js is already in the asset, I can use it normally if I call jquery.min.js from the web online. What would be the way to include jquery offline with Load Html?

Add jquery in body tag off html through script tag and src will be either relative or absolute file path check both and upload jquery.mim.js in assests

I did not understand. I’ve already tried it in two ways and it doesn’t work. It only works if you get the cdn online: <script src = "https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.4.1/jquery.min.js"> </script>

If the script is in asset, use file:///android_asset/<filename> URL to load the script