Location, location, location

Hi, all! :smile:

I’m using Location_Sensor to obtain Latitude, Longitude and Altitude.
Screenshot from 2020-10-26 18-41-55
The problem is trying to obtain the data immediately upon the App opening up. I’m uploading the lat, long and alt into an AirTables Base and Table, but I sometimes get “0” for all three because the Location_Sensor doesn’t fire until it thinks it has changed locations. :unamused:

Is there anyway to force :muscle:t2: the Location_Sensor component to give me the lat, long and alt immediately? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

As always, any help is greatly appreciated! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! :smile:

I’m not using Google Maps because they don’t provide Altitude afaik. :roll_eyes:

Of course I have code that checks the vars set in the “Location_Sensor1.Location Changed” method above to see if they are zero. The problem is it takes too long to NOT be zero. Sometimes the phone takes a couple of minutes or even longer to “change”. I don’t want my users sitting there waiting for the data to display, or only if they walk a few yards first.

My question is whether or not there is a way to cause the Location_Sensor to fire immediately? I don’t understand why one should have to wait until some arbitrary limit is hit by the phone instead of giving the desired data immediately. :confounded:

1 Like

There’s likely no way to do that. Android works mostly by listeners and I don’t think location is stored.

I am facing same problem. I hope there will be an extension for this soon (even it will be paid).

Read here

hope this helps you.