Material Icons not showing right on FAB

Okay, I have a FAB menu that uses Material Icons (I just input the names in the Material Icon Name field). they are showing up correctly on my phone, but not on the tablet that I also test on.

This is how they look on my phone.

20201231_092846
This is how they appear on the tablet.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why they are showing so weird?

Because of devices size
Tablet is very big than a phone so it is showing like this

Is there any way to fix it? it seems like there should be a constraint on the icon size within the FAB.

1 Like

I think you should fix the height and width.

you should set the height and width according to the screens width and height

1 Like

I don’t see a height/width setting for the material icon, Just the place to put the name in the designer and nothing in blocks. There is a single option for size (normal, mini, or auto) it that what you are talking about? Should I change it to mini if it’s a tablet?

Possibly your tablet is old, the android version is low same thing happened to me with my test devices one is android 8 and another android 10. Some of the icons appear correctly as they should but some are old or just dont appear in the old phone.

I’m testing on a Moto E5 Plus running 8.0 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab E 8.1. It displays correctly on the phone.

1 Like

I am facing the same problem with a Samsung S9 Plus | Android 10
Screen size: 6.2 inches

I’m actually specifically designing for the S9 (that’s what our technicians should be using this year instead of the tablets). I think it shows fine on those (my test unit hasn’t arrived yet) so it must be the plus that throws it off. I really hope there is a solution.

Okay, it’s got to be related to screen size. The standard S9 displays properly and according to Victor his S9 Plus doesn’t display correctly. There are no settings for icon size, just FAB size, and changing that doesn’t correct the issue. This appears to be a bug.

I still haven’t found a solution to this. I have changed phones and my LG k51 running Android 10 shows the icons incorrectly. Does anyone know of a way to fix this?