MIT App Inventor Appathon 2021

Okay @vknow360

I used 9 Extensions last year :grimacing::grin:

Last year was my first time, so it was bit confusing for me. But this year, I am fully prepared :grin::cowboy_hat_face:šŸ„ø

Best of luck to everyone :partying_face:

Good Luck GIF

3 Likes

Really didnā€™t They Disqualify You

Well he was one of the finalists.

2 Likes

My app was accepted and I was in top 5 (Adult Individual track)

1 Like

Okay Then At least I would Use 1or 2 extension in my project

So they wont Disqualify me if I use more than 3 extension

1 Like

How do you know that you will need extensions as the themes for this year are not even announced? I find it strange that users think that they would depend on extensions for making a great app.

5 Likes

The best will be to use extensions as less as possible.
Extensions really donā€™t increase your creativity and neither they enhance your logic building skills.

So try to use more in-built components.

2 Likes

It would Be kodular Then I donā€™t Need extension but it is Appinventor So I just Predicted the Amount Of extension Like just the Weather

Agreed !

According to theme users select a app type and then according to its functionality, the extension comes in our story.

But extension inhances functionality/UI of app. (Its my experience, we can have different opinions. So no offence !)

Yes I agree but Increases the UI quality and The Functionality Of our App

I will Try to use As less Extension as possible

But appathon is about making apps and not about making/creating beautiful UIs.

What matters here is the productivity and logic used in the app so that it can be helpful to other people in the world.

I agree UIs is the head(front end) of the app but what about the body (back end). :joy:

3 Likes

Yes I agree

Obviously, if a dev will make a good UI, he will definitely think of Logic/backend. Else there is no sense in just a good looking screen with no/less functionality.

1 Like

Can we use Kodular for app development?

No it is MIT App Inventorā€™s Apathon not Kodularā€™s

2 Likes

What is the topic?

Themes are not announced yet.
Their will be registrations on 1 June then later themes will be announced.

You should read the site.

Ok, but during registration, should we also send the app?

Nope, during registration you have to register yourself as a participant of the Appathon.
After that themes (topics) will be announced and then you will get time to work on the app. And then submit your app.