MIT App Inventor Appathon 2021

Who will win first prize during the appathon 2021? Are you joining?

https://appathon.appinventor.mit.edu/

12 Likes

Tell all your friends and classmates to join. Let’s make this the best and greatest appathon ever.

4 Likes

Wow Interesting :open_mouth::open_mouth::grin::grin:
Is only under 18 can apply ??

Teenagers and adults can apply as an individual or a team, even mixed. Please read all instructions on the website I gave you.

1 Like

I want to ask something :blush:

Can i use my own paid extensions in this appathone.

There is a lot of confusion on this, i have tried getting answers from many :grin:

Regards

Did your read the FAQ?

You may use any extensions from MIT, or any free extension so long as you include a note from the extension author that it can be redistributed by MIT as part of the competition. However, please be aware that judges have the option of testing with iOS, which does not support extensions.

I did, they say any extension from mit / any free extension, does that mean that extensions that are paid for the community cant be used, even though you own it ?

One last question…

They also mentioned that they might test the app on ios, so i just wanted to know, in thay case, what about the extension we use ?

I think that was clearly mentioned. Only free extensions, free for every one, not just for yourself.

2 Likes

That is also stated clearly. iOS doesn’t accept extensions, so best you can do is not to use them because else judges can not test your project.

1 Like

This year’s competition is gonna be really tough then !!

Lets see :grin:

May I Know Where Is the FAQ section I am New to APPTHON

Did you go to the website?

1 Like

Will be my first Appathon, can’t wait!

Where should we register?

Just read the website. Everything is there.

What if I create special extensions (unpublished) and use them in my appathon project?

The rule is clear. Your extension has to be freely available to others. If you depend heavily on extensions chances are judges are not able to judge your project if they use iOS. Personally i would not use an extension.

You may use any extensions from MIT, or any free extension so long as you include a note from the extension author that it can be redistributed by MIT as part of the competition. However, please be aware that judges have the option of testing with iOS, which does not support extensions.

3 Likes

If they Use iOS Then Cannot We use extension because MIT Have too less features than any other builder

Last year, most of the apps were made without using (almost ~1) extension.
You just need an idea of app and logic to implement it with minimal resources.

3 Likes