Nebula - Music Quiz with your own songs

Nebula

Game + Music + Material Design

Nebula is a simple game that allows playing with your own library using “Guess…” questions.
Example: “Guess which song are you hearing now?”

This game scans all MP3 files in your device and reads metadata of all songs. If a song has not any metadata, you can’t play this song with Nebula.

Game Modes

Nebula has 1 game mode currently. I will add more game modes soon.

• Classic
    Guess song name, artist and genre from four choices.

Features

• Game Progress

The more songs you have, the more questions you have. When you complete the question of songs, your progress increases. However, if you add a new song to the game, the maximum progress will increase, so your progress will be reduced. So if you finish the game, that means you’re finished and listened to all the songs.

• Power-ups

Don’t know the answer to the question? You can use power-ups to eliminate the wrong option or/and skip current question. You can buy more power-ups from Store using credits. Also, you can earn some credits by playing Nebula.

Notes

Some features are disabled for now. Such as in-app purchases to buy more credits. Don’t worry I will enable soon.

Screenshots

Credits

• Thanks to :kodular: Kodular for everything
  • AppyBuilder
    • TextUtils
    • ListUtils
  • Jerin Jacob
    • ExplosionAnimation
  • Taifun - Pura Vida Apps
    • TaifunFile
  • Carlos Pedroza
    • CircularProgress
  • RedPanda
    • l18n
  • Ken
    • FontArt
  • Nathan
    • Outlined Material Icons Font

Download

Get it on Google Play
15 Likes

This app seems very cool! The design looks very good!

1 Like

its looks amazing and easy to use this app

1 Like

Another fabulous app by a “Fantabulous” developer! :heart_eyes: You are really an awesome designer man. Hats off to you!

2 Likes

:star2::star2::star2::star2::star2:
Nice UI

1 Like

I didn’t know you thought that. :laughing: I mean very thanks. :innocent:

Very thanks to everyone! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Cool and great design.

Sadly I have the following bug when I select the title of a song during the game, or when I start the game (with FAB) after cleaning up the list of not playable songs:

SmartSelect_20181211-160907

A little video capture of the error during the game:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NT54HfC5fbV3-FaQoCFhvBIG-ftbTW_y

Samsung Note 8 with Android 8.0.0

Hello @rbnet_it,

Thanks for the reporting problem. I need to figure out which block you having trouble getting to fix the problem. So;

• Do you have this problem in every game session?
  • Can you try it with another device if you have another device?
  • What happens when you ignore the error? (you can use device’s back button to ignore in End Application dialog)

Edit after looking blocks:
I think there is a problem with your music files, because in my device with 400 songs are working perfectly. Also, Nebula doesn’t clear list after a question.

Maybe, probably. Also because I’m having problems with all my devices with your application. But they are perfectly tagged standard MP3 files and I have never had problems with any other program, eg:

Summary

rbnet@UX410UQK:/Music$ mp3info *.mp3
File: 01 - Train.mp3
Title: Train Track: 1
Artist: 4 Non Blondes
Album: Bigger, Better, Faster, More! Year: 1992
Comment: Genre: Rock [17]

File: 02 - Superfly.mp3
Title: Superfly Track: 2

File: 03 - What’s Up.mp3
Title: What’s Up Track: 3

File: 04 - Pleasantly Blue.mp3
Title: Pleasantly Blue Track: 4

File: 05 - Morphine & Chocolate.mp3
Title: Morphine & Chocolate Track: 5

File: 06 - Spaceman.mp3
Title: Spaceman Track: 6

File: 07 - Old Mr. Heffer.mp3
Title: Old Mr. Heffer Track: 7

File: 08 - Calling All The People.mp3
Title: Calling All The People Track: 8

File: 09 - Dear Mr. President.mp3
Title: Dear Mr. President Track: 9

File: 10 - Drifting.mp3
Title: Drifting Track: 10

File: 11 - No Place Like Home.mp3
Title: No Place Like Home Track: 11

Let me know if you need some infos.

Bye.

I have other solutions you can try;

• Try to wait for some seconds (like 30 secs) after the game started.

• I added an option to Nebula which to debug errors called Song List. Can you send a screenshot to me after you clicked Song List?

Also,

• I’m sorry, but I can’t find an option called Song List on Nebula. I tried waiting more than 30 seconds on both main screen and in the game session. The only thing like that is All Songs option on the main screen of the app. Below a screenshot from my Nexus 7 from the output of that option (I’m using it as a development device, so it has virtually no other MP3 files inside.):

• The error occurs randomly, but pratically in every session of the game.

FINALLY! Someone with something I suggested to them.

Instead of ads :pray:

2 Likes

I think I figured out what the problem is (more or less). You put in a check on the minimum number of songs title (on tags bases?) to play, but (I think) not on the number of genres, artists, etc… When the songs are really few, in the order of a few dozen and maybe a few different genres/artists/etc. or at the limit (as in my case) of a single genre/artist, the game can start, but obviously when it tries to show the questions about what kind of music or what kind of artist the song is, it can’t show the minimum content for the questions, and here’s the bug. In short, there is no control at this level. By inserting a large number of songs, the problem practically never arises, unless you put collections with only one artist/music genre.

Also, as a minor problem, Nebula (or rather, the extension/component you used to extract ID3 tags) does not recognize songs tagged only with ID3v2 tags and above (it’s actually not a good practice leave out the basic fields for ID3v1 tags, but some recent programs are set @default to not use this old version).

I hope this will help.

3 Likes

So you mean, if there is a minimum song limit or something would be good?

I’m using Kodular’s built-in Metadata component. So I can’t do anything for that.

2 Likes

So you mean, if there is a minimum song limit or something would be good?

I mean that I think you haven’t a test on a minimum number of different items for each category you are using to create the questions. Take this information with due precautions and do your own tests if you can, I have simply assumed it from some tests!

What I’ve reported is a minor problem, I wouldn’t give it much importance :wink:

3 Likes