Need help? Offline database

How can we use mysql as an offline database?

You’ve already got a topic about this. Stop spamming the forum with the same question.

Mysql is online server side for offline use sqlite

But can Sqlite be use as a database of multiple apps?

All app has own sqlite if you want

I want to make an attendance sheet where a user can personally use an app to log in his/her attendance if that person is present and I want to do this offline so I want an offline database where a multiple app can use, is Sqlite a good database for this purpose?

1 Like

Note.
Sqlite is only for one mobile means you can’t share one mobile data with other mobile.
A user have attendance of her own in their own app B user have their own attendance you can’t get data of A to B or vice versa without uploading both A and B data with internet to mysql or firebase or airtable.

do u have replied this post??

I have the same issue wants to create lyrics in telugu and english and would like to save in firebase
However has no idea how to retrieve the files from firebase and show it as zoomed in app

1 Like

I think you should make choice for user either to view the lyrics online or offline. For this there are many ways you can do. The best ways are listed below.

1. You can add a download button on each songs lyrics so that the user will download only the lyrics he want.
  2. In case you want to make all lyrics available offline then you can add a feature in your app that will automatically download the lyrics after the app is installed on the users device. (Idea taken for PUBG. This games download 300MB of file after downloading the app from playstore with an downloading content animation.) You can do this so that the app size will be less on the play store.

In above methods you have to store the downloaded lyrics somewhere instead of tinyDB as its size is limited. So for this you can store all the lyrics in a text file or json file whatever suits to you. I suggest you to create a json file because you can categorize all your songs with lyrics and searching will be easier. Also its one more benefit is that you can directly download it from a web/cloud storage into the users device.

Hope it will help you.

Hi @nangginliana
I spent a week working on this topic for my app and I made some progress, when I finish in a few days I well post here a solution or a guide for this matter.

Yes, but your app will lag and the lag time depends on your data, I am facing this problem in my app and I am working on fixing it in few days from now.

for TinyDB the limit is the storage space of your device, which btw. is the same limitation for text files etc
Taifun