Need iOS Support

guyz whn ios support is coming

Don’t know any details about what the developers are going to say but as Makeroid is an App Inventor clone, they would probably have iOS support after App Inventor has it.

Note: App Inventor is going to have iOS support this Spring and right now, they are gettings donations for them to create an ios supported platform.

If you want an exact answer, wait for the Makeroid developers to answer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@TurboProgramming’s answer is correct.

We are currently discussing our plans for an iOS version of Makeroid. We haven’t yet decided what we’re going to be doing.

3 Likes

Uh, I am not sure, if you guys can build iOS platform all by your own :confused:

They can for me. Even if they can’t make it, they could port “Makeroid” from App Inventor again with the iOS support, and edit everything again.

(Of course that would be very very hard, but: it’s a solution eh :slight_smile:)

That’s not the problem, iOS infrastructure is different than Android’s. First of all, they would have to rewrite absolutely all code. Why? Because App Inventor uses Java and Ant build tool. Second, iOS app structure is different, so they would have to change a whole Compiler (but the problem that this is for extremely advanced programmers, not their level, at least now) and third, they actually would have to find a new cloud hosting, as App Engine doesn’t have requirements to run an iOS capable version of App Inventor. Best regards, Ben.

First we need to see how MIT does their IOS support, then maybe we can make a clone and give it Makeroid style. When we know how they add it or make a second server for it, then we can discuss what we as Makeroid Developers want to do with IOS support

2 Likes

From what I’ve read about MIT’s iOS version, is that they will be using the same platform, but with options to export to Android and iOS.

We’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

1 Like

Does this mean you can export the same app for Android and IOS or do I need to select the type of project first? Because if the user can export Android and IOS on the same app we need to create all of our Components for IOS too. Which is not possible with NFC for example

I don’t think so. By the way, Yail, also known as “Yet another intermediate language” - a Kawa scheme language with Simple component model, will be converted into iOS supported Yail? I mean Kawa scheme language, when compiling generates an equal Java file. So at least, there have to be different blockyeditor, components and buildserver folders for each platform.

Well, MIT have confirmed that it will be the same interface:
https://twitter.com/MITAppInventor/status/931568592222605313

1 Like

Here you go:
Not buildserver, components or blocklyeditor (yail generator part). Maybe it will use, gwt and appengine for web interface, but buildserver would be different, 100%.

According to the crowdfundpage the estimated date will be April 2018.

4 Likes

April is over, and they didn’t made it :frowning: . Maybe it’s because they not reached the goal or they are just working in the background? Nobody knows.

They have limited time to work on it. The first thing they are working on is an companion that works on IOS. But like i said the team is very small.

2 Likes

Maybe they are having beta test for the iOS version with the backer and fixing bugs ?

1 Like

iOS development is in good progress. You should understand their building a whole new platform, that’s like rebuilding App Inventor for Android from scratch using an absolutely different programming language (Objective C and Swift). Sadly due to strict iOS policies, LEGO Mindstorms NXT components will be not available as well as MessageReceived events from the Texting component.

2 Likes

its 2020 and still no reports of ios builder in makeroid.

1 Like

Copy Thunkable X

but would they will give the permission