New Component: Flexible Updates

Hi! I want to give my opinion about the new component :neutral_face:

THEY LOOKS AMAZING !!!

I look forward to the new #KodularTeam component!

[In-app updates  |  Android Developers]

Keeping your app up-to-date on your users’ devices enables them to try new features, as well as benefit from performance improvements and bug fixes. Although some users enable background updates when their device is connected to an unmetered connection, other users may need to be reminded to update. In-app updates is a Play Core library feature that introduces a new request flow to prompt active users to update your app.

In-app updates works only with devices running Android 5.0 (API level 21) or higher, and requires you to use Play Core library 1.5.0 or higher. After meeting these requirements, your app can support the following UX for in-app updates:

• Flexible: A user experience that provides background download and installation with graceful state monitoring. This UX is appropriate when it’s acceptable for the user to use the app while downloading the update. For example, you want to urge users to try a new feature that’s not critical to the core functionality of your app. Figure 1. An example of a flexible update flow
  • Immediate: A full screen user experience that requires the user to update and restart the app in order to continue using the app. This UX is best for cases where an update is critical for continued use of the app. After a user accepts an immediate update, Google Play handles the update installation and app restart.

Figure 2. An example of an immediate update flow

13 Likes

How to force the user to update app it mean user should not allowed to use app if he did not update the app how can we do this

1 Like

We will have to experiment :smiley::thinking:

#HappyKoding

Okay thanks

1 Like

Don’t force…They might uninstall the app.

Okay but…

The best solution for updating
Scenario 1 Suppose you have an application I have added simple features
Or it is not necessary for all users to update, make an optional update
The second scenario
Suppose you have an application running on the Internet and discovered a fatal error in the application or launched an important feature
Or modify the entire application included
Here I make the update compulsory

3 Likes

Is it necessary for an app to be on PlayStore for flexible updates?

1 Like

Yes, it is!

3 Likes