New properties on objects

An old saying goes that there are two types of programmers. Stupid and lazy. :woozy_face: I personally belong to the lazy way. The stupid does the same things again, the lazy thinks about how he can make his job easier. Ok fun aside !

It would be great if you could call up the object name and the object type from the Proberties.

Franz

Maybe explain more why you want this and how it can be used. An example for instance.

2 Likes

I am currently writing an app that should become multilingual. I use a JSON file as a resource file. The respective texts are now dynamically loaded during initialization. The templates for this are in the backpack area and are always adjusted after copying. The templates for this are in the backpack area and are always adjusted after copying.
grafik
Wobei sich das Verhalten je nach Objekttype unterschiedlich gestallten kann

By querying the object name and type, you could always use the same call without having to worry about what is actually required for this object … Something like this

set object.text to = call multitext ( object.name, object.type)

Possible further uses here there are a lot

Franz

Not exactly clear what you mean but that is my problem. :grin:

Do you know the resources utilities?

Yes I know and use it. With the exception that I use a separate resource file for each language. I find that easier in administration.
At the moment, as you can see, I have to specify the TextId manually with a constant. In the event that I could access the object name and object type, I could encapsulate all of this into a single procedure