Opening the side menu with a floating button, THE FIRST TIME does not work

If I put a side menu layout, everything works perfectly.
If I add a Floating_Action_Button, and in the event click I put “side menu open”, it doesn’t work. The first time you start the screen and hit the floating button, it doesn’t open.
Now if I slide the side menu and open it and close it again (manually) then the floating action button works and if I click it, opens the side menu without problems …

This means that the action of opening the side menu with a floating button, THE FIRST TIME does not work…

side%20menu%20bug%202

Can you prepare an aia, as small as possible, which shows this behaviour and post it here?

Here’s the aia file.
When the screen starts, click on the button and you’ll see that it doesn’t open the menu. If you slide the menu and close it you will see that now the button works.

I was doing tests and a solution I found is to initialize the vertical arrangement of the side menu as visible. And in the event click floating action buton make the vertical arrangement not visible.

But I don’t know if this is right, or if it’s good practice…

pruebas.aia (281.2 KB)

Make sure the layout you want to use as side menu is set to visible

3 Likes

Thank you… I tried it and it worked…

I had read that the side menu should be set to not visible…
I thought if I put it in visible would give some kind of problem…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.