[OS] Custom YT Channel App + Admin App

Custom YT Channel App

I started this project to create a custom Yt channel app. I could’ve used YouTube data api. YouTube api is limited to 10K requests per day. That’s why I found another way to make the app function. It’s by using a separate database for our app and an admin app to add/edit videos in the user app. This project is made as an experiment and I know this can be improved in a lot of ways. I did my best to document everything I know. You can take your time to read this thread.

Notes
This is not in production state. You can contribute to this project. If you want to publish to the playstore with your channel. please make sure to follow these rules if you are going to. They mentioned YouTube API. But, It’s still recommended to follow.
https://channelify.aculix.com/docs/articles/documentation/following-the-youtube-data-api-guidelines.html

Project Information

User App

Video Demo ( To see how functions work / animations work )

Downloads

:file_folder: Project : Custom YT.aia (801.5 KB)

:file_folder: Demo : Custom YT Test.apk (7.8 MB)

Admin App

Downloads

:file_folder: Project : Custom_YT_Admin.aia (33.2 KB)

I cannot upload a demo app since It can collapse the database if multiple user tries to update/add videos

Credits

Yea, I have to credit alot of people for using their extensions and resources. I didn’t use any paid assets/extensions to make this App/Project.

Resources

I don’t own the logos/channel used in app. Since, this is not in production environment and I’ve used them since I was experimenting with them. I explained why I’ve used the extension and where I’ve used them.

:film_strip: Benny Productions used as demo channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa_SOEXD5pGMaLpj9dILMBQ

:framed_picture: Undraw for vector illustrations : Illustrations | unDraw

:books: Dynamic Listview Guide by @themaayur : 5 Different Listviews using Dynamic component Extension | Guide

Extensions

:hammer_and_wrench: Phase : Phase • Animations made easy!
For animating the videos when loading them for the first time.

:hammer_and_wrench: Dynamic Components : [F/OS] - Dynamic Components Extension (for every component) 2.2.2
For creating dynamic videos in home page.

:hammer_and_wrench: Alpha Dialog : [UPDATE] Free Alpha Dialog | Transparent Dialogs, Custom Toasts and much more
For popup search view.

:hammer_and_wrench: PopupMenu : [FREE] Popup Menu - Simple popup menu
For creating popup menu in 3 dot menu of videos in home page.

:hammer_and_wrench: Image Loader : [F/OS] Image Loader - Extension for image loading and caching
For loading Homepage thumbnail of videos.

:hammer_and_wrench: Scroll Handler : Scroll Arrangement Handlers (v2+) · Appinventor/Thunkable Extensions
For handling scroll for hiding search button when on bottom.

:hammer_and_wrench: View Tools ( Project Specific ) : com.jaxparrow.viewtools.aix (5.2 KB)
This extension is not meant for production and I created this to just check if the given view is shown to the user in a scroll view.

Please let me know If I missed any developer or forgot to credit any. Also, let me know if you have any doubt regarding the project or the blocks.

Happy Koding :kodular:

11 Likes

Sounds great, I will try it when I will be free and maybe contribute something if possible :blush:

Nice work @Jaxparrow

2 Likes

I like it too, nice work
@Jaxparrow

1 Like

Wow, Nice work @Jaxparrow

2 Likes

Great Nice, Is This Working With API?

1 Like

No, here I said why I didn’t use that and what I’ve used instead.

Good Work @Jaxparrow

1 Like

But You Have To Improve Your UI

1 Like

Yea… But, I am leaving this project. That’s why I posted it as a thread with every details and information.

3 Likes

Great work @Jaxparrow i appreciate your work :grinning:

4 Likes

yes you forgot to give credit to developer of viewtools
and also give view tools download link of that extention

I developed view tools for this specific project. It is to check if the view is visible to the user in a scroll view. It had just few blocks. So, it was not worth to upload it as a separate thread or extension. But, if you want it. Here you can download this.

:hammer_and_wrench: View Tools : com.jaxparrow.viewtools.aix (5.2 KB)

4 Likes

Why like this coming in app
When i upload video on admin app
It shows like this on user app

Can you upload a ss of how it looks in the admin app so I can know if there’s any problem with the data structure.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting. I checked the project and It was working fine for me. Please let me know if you made any changes to the blocks.

Advanced_YT.aia (801.4 KB)

Check with this project and let me know if the problem persists. Also, make sure if you filled all the required fields in the admin app adding video.

1 Like

Oakay I ll Check

1 Like

You can
1- Make the video play without moving to
another page
2- Caching the video to listen to it without the Internet

2 Likes
  1. Do you means by facebook like auto video play view

2. Easy to make

1 Like

1- Yeah that’s what I mean