[PAID] Onesignal Push - Implement OneSignal push notification in your apps

Hello, I’m having app crashes after inserting this extension to my project. Can anyone help?

I tried both with and without the stock “Push Notifications” extension from Social category dragged together in the app. In any case, whenever “OnesignalPush” extension is included in the project, the generated APK install but fails to load.

In my screen initialization I’m using a “OnesignalPush1.Initialize” tag passing my Onsesignal App ID as a parameter. That’s the only thing I did beside importing the extension and dragging it to the screen.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

UPDATE: It was my mistake. I had the default “Push Notifications” extension still loaded to another screen. After removing all references to it and leaving only Sumit’s “OnesignalPush” in the project, I was able to launch the application and push notifications is working correctly now.

Thank you!

3 Likes

hi, my app crashes after update with extension
i have uploaded only your extension and removed the previous extension
sumitkumar take action ASAP
thank you

can you provide a small aia usage file its confusing using extension. the app crashing after sending notification evertime

when ever app sends push notification the App crashes why is this happening i have tried with all the blocks. so make clear how to use the extension, its complicated i thiink. And what ihave to do to get my refund i have purchase it today morning itself or show your working blocks

What about providing a screenshot of your relevant blocks?

To find out more about the runtime error, use logcat

Taifun

how to change the small notification icon of push notification

First get ot running, see my previous post, then make it more pretty…

Taifun

sr, what about app crashing every time notification is sent

So what about providing the logcat output, so we do not have to guess what is happening .

Taifun

how to send notifications to particular segments?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I am getting the following error when I Build the APK, Can anyone Help please?
I am also using Firebase Realtime component in my App

Hello buyers of onesignal extension, are you check android 11 and 10 or below, when app in background then data getting or not in app.
Please check and reply

Hello. Do I need to write anything in the place I marked with red in the picture?

I tested the extension today, I have something that does not come. Can you help?

Edited after further testing 2023-02-11

After adding this extn. to the existing project, the app crashes everytime there is a onesignal message sent. Push_notification component is removed already. Now need to figure out which of the component is not compatible.
Feels like I just purchased an additional headache.

So, finally I bought this extension after a long wait as I was expecting Kodular to fix their issue. Apperently, they are sleeping on it

While testing, I found out few things.

Things work

1. You should not use inbuilt push_notification component with this extn as the app crashes.
  2. No issue found yet with firebase component.
  3. If the app is just closed, you receive notification from onesignal.
  4. Send tag works
  5. Notification with url is working, for some reason the app crashed earlier. Will test more to understand the scenario.

Things which dont work (maybe because I am testnig on Android 9 and Android 13)

1. OnSubscribed event doesnot work
  2. Notification Received event doesnot work
  3. If you kill the app, the notification will not be received. Developer claims it does.
  4. Set Email property doesnot work
  5. Ask Permission does nothing even if I disable the notification.
  6. ActionButtonClicked event is working but giving empty json dataset.
  7. NotificationOpened event is working but giving empty json dataset.

Still to test on other dev interface like ai2, etc. Will update once I have tested it.

Hope this helps others in deciding if they want to purchase the extn or not. my 2 cents, it is not worth with so many open issues.

Mohan

2 Likes

That is if your android phone is Android 12+ OS.

It does not work for Android 9 too if the app is killed

1 Like

Ok, Then the developer should look into this.