Phone Number Tools

@Mohamed_Tamer
I think the reason is not due to the space added at the beginning or the end of the number
Because there are many numbers that give the true value if i used block (is in list ) with phone number list

what about using Do it to find out, what is going on?
Unbenannt
use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools

Taifun

4 Likes

@Taifun how r u?
I think I used (do it ), but I will try again :slightly_smiling_face:

do it result for get contact image list block return error

2 Likes

@Mohamed_Tamer
@Taifun
Both of these numbers are saved in contacts

what about enlarging the Do it result window, so we can see that number you are looking for?
most probably you added some spaces or the internaltional dialing code as you did for the number which starts with +20…

Taifun

1 Like

@Taifun
@Mohamed_Tamer
Two numbers are saved in one contact as shown
no spaces no country code
How is the second number return false with (GetPhoneNumberList )
and also return a value with GetContactName block ???

Do you see your second phone number ( which is in list block returns false with it ) in the phone number list, the extension returns?

@Mohamed_Tamer yes it returns a value

@Mohamed_Tamer
I have tried it many times, many of saved numbers are returning false with using GetPhonNumberList block

Unti15tled2
@Mohamed_Tamer
Another number which saved in my contacts

what about enlarging the Do it result window, so we can see that number you are looking for?
Taifun

2 Likes

I can’t get the contact image .it’s showing an error. please anyone can show block for how to get a contact image.
it’s my big request. :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2:

1 Like

Which error?

It’s working properly with me using getContactImage block,are you sure that the number is saved in your contacts?

1 Like

Superb Extension. Loving your contribution towards community.

Can you provide me the extension with only this block. Because if i import your whole extension it would require READ_CONTACTS permission and I don’t want to add another dummy permission in my app. Hope you could help.

1 Like

I will compile an extension with this block only, however, for the next version the READ_CONTACT permission will be just added on the manifest for blocks that needs it with a lot of other improvements.

1 Like

@Taifun
@Mohamed_Tamer
This is not possible because the window contains too many names, but there is something very strange that I cannot understand, although this number is saved in the contacts on my phone
Not found in the do it window, but it returns true :cowboy_hat_face:

For me too, this block gives an error if contacts haven’t imaged it returns (UriString)

Can you share now please

1 Like

Sorry :sweat: I’ve already finished it, but I’m having a strange bug , which is that the block returns null ( nothing) every time, even with the old extension, however it was working before :no_mouth: Is it working for you?