Play Console rejects my app :( any ideas?

Hi all,

I have my play console account since 2017. Since 2020, I haven't publish anyhting. Now, I created an app that uses the Taifun Location Extension to get GPS Speed and I am trying to publish it but they reject and reject and reject :(

Yesterday, the reason was:

Issue found: Missing information in prominent disclosure

Your [prominent disclosure] must appear before your app’s location runtime permission, and it must tell users which feature(s) will use location in the background. Based on our review, your app’s prominent disclosure didn’t meet this criteria.

I’ve modified it, and a few minutes ago I’ve receive:

IN_APP_EXPERIENCE-6876

Issue found: Missing information in prominent disclosure

Your prominent disclosure must appear before your app’s location runtime permission, and it must tell users which feature(s) will use location in the background. Based on our review, your app’s prominent disclosure didn’t meet this criteria.

Issue details

We found an issue in the following area(s):

• In-app experience: Please see attached screenshot IN_APP_EXPERIENCE-6876.png

Additionally, follow these steps to bring your app into compliance:

1. Read through the Help Center article about understanding location in the background permissions for more information.
  2. Review the prominent disclosure and consent requirements and update your prominent disclosure:
  • Make sure your prominent disclosure includes the term “location”.
  • Indicate how location is used in the background by including one of these phrases: “background” / “when the app is closed” / “always in use” / “when the app is not in use”.
  • Include a list of all the features that use location in the background.
  • If you extend permitted usage to ads include: “used to provide ads/support advertising/support ads.” (Choose the most accurate phrasing.)

have to add that there is Screen 1 where this message is shown, and then if you agree it opens Screen 2 where the app is

Change the article you write in app

The report states that the prominent disclosure in the app is missing important information regarding the usage of location in the background. Here’s a breakdown of the report’s explanation and the steps provided to bring the app into compliance:

1. Issue: Missing information in prominent disclosure.
  • Explanation: The app’s prominent disclosure, which informs users about the app’s usage of location in the background, does not meet the required criteria.
  1. Issue Details:
  • Area: In-app experience.
  • Screenshot: The report mentions an attached screenshot (IN_APP_EXPERIENCE-6876.png) that likely illustrates the problematic area or the current prominent disclosure in question.
  1. Steps to bring the app into compliance:
  • Read through the Help Center article: Familiarize yourself with the Help Center article about understanding location in the background permissions. This will provide you with additional information regarding the requirements and guidelines for using location permissions in your app.
  • Review and update the prominent disclosure and consent requirements:
    • Ensure that the term “location” is included in your prominent disclosure.
    • Indicate how location is used in the background by using one of the suggested phrases: “background,” “when the app is closed,” “always in use,” or “when the app is not in use.”
    • Include a comprehensive list of all the features in your app that use location in the background. This will help users understand which specific functionalities require access to their location information.
  • If your app extends permitted usage to ads, include the appropriate phrasing: “used to provide ads/support advertising/support ads.” Choose the phrasing that accurately represents your app’s usage of location data for advertising purposes.

By following these steps and addressing the missing information in the prominent disclosure, you should be able to update your app accordingly and resubmit it for review on the Play Store.

@j_delspalots

1 Like

Hi! thanks for your answer…as far as I understand, I’ve added the term “location”, then used the phrase with “background” and the features… And I don’t understand what is the issue as I’ve modified it :frowning:

1 Like

Well, I’ve finally SOLVED IT :slight_smile:

Just copied the text from this article and adapted it and UALÀ, we are live!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.