Please can anyone tell me why this Calendar block fails.....

This block, when it activates, opens the calendar, but does NOT TRANSFER ANY DATA ACROSS???

I’ve been at this for a week. :frowning:

Thanks

Go through this :point_down: topic.

Your Tiny DB value maybe empty when this activity runs, and hence maybe your not getting any data. But this an assumption though. So check out the above linked topic to find out the details. :+1: Hope it helps :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun

Hi TaiFun

I guess Kodular doesn’t have Do It? But then somehow I guess you knew that? (or does it?)

But I take note of your suggested extensions. I might take you up on it :-))

wrong guess…
why should I recommend something, which is not available?
and why did you not try it?

Just right-click onto a block and select Do it from the menu to get a Do it result in a comment window. Note: you need a connection to a device or emulator for this to work.

Taifun

2 Likes

Hi TaiFun.

I was only joking. BTW U&M, I thought you were being a little sarcastic. I detect a little rivalry btwn the two platforms even though I do suspect the one is a beta of the other. :grin::grin::grin:.

But genuinely, I can’t work out how. It might be because I’m not using the simulator to test?

I sat for two days on MIT pulling my hair out (and I don’t have much left :grin::grin::grin:) wondering why something wasn’t working but then I tested it on my phone and volla, 100%. So I test live everytime now. It takes forever but at least I know that it’s what u can trust. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:.

But once again, thank you for your consistent friendship and your all your help.

Your a true pioneer at this.

Kind Regards

Anthony.

1 Like

sarcasm is hard to detect… :wink:

there is no rivalry… MIT App Inventor is the open source project with the basic features and other builders like Kolular can take the basic features and add other features on top

if you want to save time, use Do it…

Taifun

2 Likes

Thanks for that. Much appreciated.
Unfortunately, I can’t connect my phone via USB for some reason… I have no idea why.

But I suppose you’ve looked at all my blocks and can see no obvious reason for it not working. I mean I haven’t done anything stupid? I’ve been known to make the same mistake more than once. :slight_smile:

Thanks, bud.
t

You need this for Live testing I guess. If this is the case then, you can also perform live testing via Wifi or even with mobile data. But using Wifi is recommended

So, this is the error I get. Clearly there is data going through. I just don’t know if Kodular is date agnostic or if the format should be m/d/yyyy or d/m/yyyy. :grin:

You should have looked up the documentation :blush:

https://docs.kodular.io/components/sensors/clock/#make-instant

An instant in time specified by MM/dd/YYYY hh:MM:ss or MM/dd/YYYY or hh:mm

Because you can’t specify weather it is AM or PM, I would rather store the instant and use it directly. When it is needed to be shown to user, or needed to be converted the text, use Format Date Time.

1 Like

And a BIG THANK YOU GOES TO - WATERMELONICE!!! THANK YOU!

1 Like