Problem with firebase bandwidth

Hey guys, I have some problems regarding bandwidth to my app. My database is quite large and now I am getting too much bandwidth from a few no of users. So can someone help me into this? I have a question that, when I get the value of a specific child from DB then, does my app download all the js file to get a single value because this is the reason why a 100kb DB converted into 100 Mb bandwidth after 40-50 requests from every 50 users. So how can I decrease my bandwidth?

change avatar

1 Like

it based on what you call from storage, make sure you call only specific file not all files,

1 Like

Tips:
You just need to check the bandwith weekly if u have a large number or users, in my experience, 1000+ online in the same time using firebase DB, will slow ur app… until your option is to upgrade plan, but it was too late for me since users get embarrased for slow app. Use it wisely

1 Like

I am using firebase realtime database, not firebase storage.

1 Like

I want to ask that when a user perform firebasedb1…get value then does the firebase download the whole database which is a json file at every get value request.

2 Likes

Same case will happen

No whole json will not show, only that value will show whose tag you given.

But the whole json data is download that time even i want to show a specific child.

1 Like

how you are calling data? show your related blocks.

I think we need to do one thing… when screen open firstly firebase get all data if project bucket value is not empty… so we can empty the bucket and set the bucket name when we required data and another thing. If only one way calling means only data will be download in app and not use to upload, then set the data if Y then get data until not. If we not need to update firebase data so user will call data only one time until data is updated so data will update in 10 days then in days user will call data only for one time and saves it in app. This helps in reducing calling every time… if anyone has different and efficient way then also tell us…

1 Like