Quiz App with Offline and Online Update feature

Hello!

I am trying to make a quiz app with the following features:

1. User Profile
  • I want to be able to upload a user’s scores to different quiz categories when the user is online and to be able to produce a leaderboard among all users.
  1. Questions Update
  • I want to easily add questions to categories when a user becomes online.

I am not new to firebase but to use it to store questions might be hard enough to think that I will be trying to store hundreds of questions.

Any help will be so much appreciated!

Thank you.

1 Like

What you have tried.
You started project Or not…

I have not started yet because I want to know professional’s opinion first of what database to use for the project.

I can’t use firebase because I want the app to be used even without the internet.

But I have no idea how to use a database that will update (add new questions to the one existing already) the user’s stored questions once they are connected to the internet.

1 Like

There isn’t such thing as offline database, to get data from the Internet you need Internet connection.

How about embed the first 100 questions in the app? Can I do such thing?

Yes you can , Use TinyDB

But it is so hard to store questions in tinyDB

Please help me anyone.

Yes, you could retrieve the first 100 questions from firebase whenever use is onine. Then store each question in TinyDB as a list. So then you retrieve the questions by indexes.

TinyDB.store (Tag: My100Questions, Value: ‘Make a list of the 100 questions’)

How about using airtable? Can you help me with this and show me some blocks? I think it is easier because it works like excel and I can just copy and paste questions from an excel file.

Any help will be appreciated.

Why don’t you try yourself.
Kodular community is to help them who get stucked…
So do it yourself…

I will show you an example code for my suggestion soon, stay tuned. Are you familiar with airtable? Because I haven’t use it much, I came back to Firebase instead.

Anyway, I’ll try to let you understand how my suggestion would help, wait for my next reply haha. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much! This is very much I needed to start with.

What i usually do in situations like this. I use airtable and in one table i keep all my data and in another table i keep some data that helps me with my app like the version etc. When the user opens the app for the first time i download all the data to the phone and store them to tinydb along with the version (not the version of the app, but the version of my database). When the user revisit my app i check only if the version of my database has changed. If no then i load the values from tinydb if yes then i ask him if he wants to update the database. Then only thing that i do is when i update my database, i increase the version also.

Can you show me an example aia file for this? I really do not have any idea about tinydb and that makes it hard for me to start with. I am really glad for this suggestion!

I will try to do later on the day because i have online classes now.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I will wait for your reply. I really appreciate it.

I can create the exact what u want. But it will be paid.

Sorry. I am only an undergraduate student and has no money to pay you.