Quiz App with Offline and Online Update feature

What i usually do in situations like this. I use airtable and in one table i keep all my data and in another table i keep some data that helps me with my app like the version etc. When the user opens the app for the first time i download all the data to the phone and store them to tinydb along with the version (not the version of the app, but the version of my database). When the user revisit my app i check only if the version of my database has changed. If no then i load the values from tinydb if yes then i ask him if he wants to update the database. Then only thing that i do is when i update my database, i increase the version also.

Can you show me an example aia file for this? I really do not have any idea about tinydb and that makes it hard for me to start with. I am really glad for this suggestion!

I will try to do later on the day because i have online classes now.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I will wait for your reply. I really appreciate it.

I can create the exact what u want. But it will be paid.

Sorry. I am only an undergraduate student and has no money to pay you.

Sorry for the delay, today i had some time to stay at pc. So:

I uploaded my example in the end of the post. To test it you just have to create a database in Airtable like mine. Images below.

Database Image

Every time you add new questions to the database, increase the version by 1.

Version Image

Στιγμιότυπο από 2020-03-28 14-03-32

Also you have to place your API Key and your Base ID

API Key and Base ID Images

Στιγμιότυπο από 2020-03-28 14-09-24
Στιγμιότυπο από 2020-03-28 14-09-25

Example project:
Database.aia (7.4 KB)

2 Likes

So much appreciated! I will look into this later. Thank you so much!

Hello! I do not know how to display the questions in an entry. Please help me.

If you followed all the steps correctly you should have in your lists (Questions, Answer1…Answer4, Category and CorrectAnswer) all your data from your Airtable database. Then using the block ‘select list item’ you can choose which item from your list you want to display. The image below will help you.

Καταγραφή

2 Likes

Hello. I tried doing this, but it shows an error. I tried getValue from tinyDB but shows the same error.

1 2

Your list is empty. That means you didn’t set up your database correctly.

Here are snippets of my database. I still do not know what I am doing wrong.

If you run the program and your database was empty then your tinydb will have empty lists. Try clear all tags of your tinydb and run the program again or update the version number to download the data again.

I am still not getting any data. I am so sorry.

Bom dia Idietherdave, utilize o banco de dados “Spreadsheet” ele é muito fácil de usar eu mesmo já criei um QUIZ Online com ele.

Hi i m developing a quiz app with the help of Kodular. I want to shuffle questions which are saved in airtable. i used the listUtil extension. m facing difficulties to connect it for shuffle. please help me.

After getting your list from aritable use the block shuffle like this

Where to fix the call shuffle block ? and f,c,a,b stands for ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.