"Rate this app" Dialog

Hi! :wave:

I was recently asked by an user how to ask end users to rate the app (this example is currently in Spanish, but it can be easily translated)
As this method didn’t take me too long to do, I wanted to share it here

Dialog Preview

This method mades usage of the following components:

• Notifier: Shows the dialog
  • TinyDB: Stores some data
  • Activity Starter: Launches Play Store
  • Vertical Arrangement with Label, Rating Bar, Checkbox and Spacer: Design of the dialog

In fact, blocks are quite simple:

1. When Screen initializes, we generate the Dialog (so Vertical Arrangement becomes invisible to the user) and we fetch data from TinyDB
  2. If the launch counter is equal or greater than 5 (this can be changed at any time) and we have never displayed the dialog, we display it
  3. We increase the launch counter by 1
  4. When user clicks on Dialog, if response is “Si” (Yes), we launch Play Store to the app URL (or Kodular Store URL) and we set in TinyDB to not display again
    If response is “No” and user clicked the “Do not ask again” checkbox, we store in the app to not display dialog again

Here you can find the APK, AIA and AIS to test it by yourself:

Fell free to modify it and share your improvements in this topic! :smile:

20 Likes

Hey your apk is not working

Hi
You have to restart the app 5 times before it shows the rating dialog

2 Likes

yeah he did it on purpose

the download links is not working !

1 Like

You have the blocks in first post, just replicate them

3 Likes

VERIFY TO ME THIS PLEASEebookready_rate.ais (3.9 KB)

Please DO NOT USE UPPERCASE as it is not pleasant for users :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Hosting error
I can not download the aia file.

AccessDenied Access Denied E40558A6F6930DF2 mEPgBca3SzxPMNjO+RKLdDXMK7uiXIGMzhlXrH5q54ye1eJxkunm8CMXEPsbYLgS3xKFIUT6Jtc=

There’s already images, you can copy them.

I mean the aia file

All you need are the blocks that is clearly visible in post! So, design the notifier with your awesome imagination! You’re free to post any improvements as Diego mentioned.

3 Likes

It is not the problem to see the blocks.
I had the same issue with another file too. I wanted to speak about the hosting problem.