Recommendation for my application

Thanks, it’s exactly how my application works, the example blocks I am already using, and if it works fast if it only takes text the problem is the following:

Those images in yellow are buttons with mp3, when you click it, the sound is played :loud_sound:, and since there are several I think that makes the application a bit slow :turtle: the application, if I remove all the sounds it works fine, but I need those mp3,

Thank you very much for the help and your ideas what pdf is also a good idea, but I have mp3 in pdf can you use mp3 :thought_balloon: :thinking: :thinking:? When they click open an mp3?

Let me send you the aia for my music player it may help you as I am calling mp3 stored on OpenDrive via Airtable to the player.

1 Like

Here is the aia for my music player have a look at the way it is blocked to display and call the mp3
it may help it may not.
It is not easy and takes a lot of testing.
music_app_template.aia (1.9 MB)

I think my app will help you

open a free OpenDrive account with 5GB that should give you enough space for your mp3
then set them up in a spreadsheet from Airtable and instead of getting them to play on a player get them to sound when a button is clicked.
At the moment my music player is set up with a list view but it would be just as easy to add a list view with images, or a cardView
When someone selects the list the sound will be called from the cloud and played.
This should make it easier and save you space, and load faster depending on internet connection.

1 Like

Morning I will have a look now

Ok I have had a quick look and I am doing a little cleaning up and adding some blocks that should help
I will send you back an edited version for you to have a look at and copy into your version.
(copy it out by hand that way you learn better than just adding it to your backpack)
I really like you design this will be a nice app but there is one thing that will make this app better.
You have too many assets within the app this makes the app very large when you want to upload to PlayStore, If you are trying to build this so that it works offline as well I can understand and that is a lot harder to do, due to the space requirements on the device and within the app.
If you want to use the app online you will need to stream the mp3 files to the app, you can keep the image files on Kodular but you should really stream the MP3 to the app using a free cloud service like OpenDrive or Cloudinary and the free account on Airtable then with the Airtable API and BaseID set you can call the sound to be played.
this saves you a lot of space on your app and on the Kodular servers
It should be good practice to stream any Audio or vido files to Kodular Apps as this saves on the App size and helps the app work faster.
if the sound you are using is only 1 - 3 seconds and you only have a few of them you can probably use them in the app as they are very small but larger MP3 and video files should be streamed to the app via Airtable or Firebase or the like.
Have a good look at the way My Music app blocks are set up for the Airtable (the easiest for me) and the way they call the music from the spreadsheet, the music app is Just calling the MP3 file marked with the “t” from the Airtable spreadsheet.
I am certain that is you stream the MP3 files into your app it will work a lot faster as there are too many files in the app at the moment making the app very large in size, this will frustrate you when you try and upload to PlayStore.
I would recommend Airtable as it is easy you can also send PDF, MP3, WAV, MP4 and so on if you use the OpenDrive - Airtable - Kodular option.
I hope this helps

2 Likes

I understand what you said, it’s the first time I do an app and it’s not the best but it’s what I’ve learned reading, and if I like to learn I don’t like to copy, and about the mp3 will be several but they’re all just small words, and I understand the size but most people you who will use this application will not have Internet, that’s why I wanted to create it offline, I already have the same web version application,

Thank you for reviewing the app as I said I didn’t take much on kodular I did what I could

I still don’t understand how to save in tinydb, I understand that there is a save block, but to save Would also use blocks for each lesson, I do not know how to have it saved or that it loads the details of some other excel file or not, that does not use many blocks , because if I use tinydb, save text and then display text anyway I use many blocks.

Any suggestions are welcome, as I mentioned I am new in this thanks for reviewing the app, what do you think the design? Do you think it can be improved?

The app design is very nice for a learning app
I am also learning I have only been doing this for a Year so I am no expert by I will help if I can.
I understand that you want to do this Offline as I have a number of offline apps that I would like to do but I have found there are limits to the way an app will work with lots of files built within it.
I have not found a solution to this yet.
A few blocks to put on your Home Screen.

I will send you something about the TinyDB in a little moment

1 Like

Not sure if this will help you but this is the basic way that I save to the TinyDB
this is from my Privacy Policy and stores/saves the value Accepted to the TinyDB
If the user does not delete the cache on the device or delete the app it will stay saved on the device storage and will recognize that the Privacy Policy has already been Accepted and therefore does not need to be displayed.
If the Cache on the device is deleted or the app is deleted and reinstalled the Privacy policy will show up again and will have to be accepted again.
first call the get value and set a tag, then store value
I really hope this helps

I fully understand the blocks, error 2101, occurs when I can not find the profile picture that is downloaded in a folder, that happens if I do not log in I would fix the error but as it was not something recorded I left it for later but you already did you thank.

On the back button before I had a warning if you want to leave, but since I had another warning in another block the first one stopped working, I don’t know why but I will try how you did it if it works :ok_hand: :+1: thanks again

About TinyDB if I wanted to know what you will do with the :thought_balloon: :thinking: :thinking: :ok_hand: :+1:

I understand perfectly about tinydb and its functions, but I don’t know how to use it in my application referring to lessons, because if you realize if I use tinydb to save text that is downloaded when you have internet.

I may be wrong but it might be a little like this

When looking at the blocks I can see where you have set a tag for the TinyDB but not where you have stored the value.
If you want to store text from the Internet on the device storage via TinyDB it has its Limitations.
this is an awesome app and you have put a lot of work into it I can see that, it also looks amazing
I am no expert but If you are willing to spend a little to get someone to help you with the code you can find someone with much more experience than me to help you.

Sorry I got confused between the TinyDB and the FirebaseDB and calling a link from the Internet.
If the text is in a PDF you are better storing the text in a cloud and updating the app from there.
as I say I am no expert and I have a Partner in India that helps me with the confusing bits of blocks, I am building 3 apps and a website at the moment so I have to go work at the moment but I will try and help if I can.

1 Like

You explain a little bit to me.

I don’t understand why the change?

I want to learn and not look for the easy thing and pay for someone else to do it, now talking to you an idea has just occurred to me, I hope it works and I let you know.

And on tinydb the value is obtained on the second screen, after logging in, choose the name and email and save it in tinydb and then use it for the left menu, to put your profile picture, your name and your user automatically .

And thanks for the words I really tried to make the application work well and look good

And also thanks for checking and for helping me with things that I hadn’t realized

As I said before I created the web application and it works fine if you want help with web pages I know about that and if I can I will help you :ok_hand: :+1: thanks for the help again

Spanish :es:

Quiero aprender y no buscar lo fácil y pagar para que otro lo haga, ahora hablando contigo se me acaba de ocurrir una idea espero funcione ya te lo hago saber.

Y sobre tinydb el valor lo obtiene en la segunda pantalla, después de iniciar sesión optiene el nombre y el correo y lo guarda en tinydb y luego lo uso para el menú izquierdo, para que ponga su foto de perfil, su nombre y su usuario automáticamente.

Y gracias por las palabras realmente me eh esforzado para que la aplicación funcione bien y se vea bien

Y también gracias por revisar y por ayudarme con cosas que no me había dado cuenta

Thank you

By getting some one to help me even by paying to get them to help me by teaching me at first it has helped me improve my blocks, It is so much easier with a partner/teacher as you can both go through the blocks and dig out any bugs, it also helps when testing the apk, and you both learn from each other or at least that has been my experience.
2 brains are better than one and you can always find someone on Fiverr or Freelancer to Teach you how to do it instead of getting someone to do it for you this is much better as there are not many Teacher services for Kodular users. There is an amazing course on Udemy in Spanish that I would recommend doing but you must have seen this already.
Your app looks amazing but it is very big and it takes a while for it even to open on the platform in my browsers as it has to load all the assets each time I open the project, apart from that it is an awesome app with some beautiful designs. Great Idea
This app will be loved by the usrs.

If I understand what you say about 2 heads think better and that’s why I post this here, I don’t expect them to do things for me, but if as you did they give me suggestions that help me grow, and I am from Ecuador :ecuador: a very isolated place so online payment methods here they are null, so it’s hard to pay anything from where I am, it forces you to learn everything yourself and not just buy and already, anyway thank you for the help, any suggestion will be welcome and I understand That everyone has their work and occupations so the help is valued a lot, my application will not be paid, for the same reason that here there are not many options of payment methods, I also work and I do this in my free time , again thank you and I’m trying something to make it work faster as I expected, I’ll let you know and thank you for the suggestions

Don’t worry I know well how it is, I have no real money(all goes on bills) but I do invest a little to help me do my apps and My apps are free also, I try and make money from showing adverts.
I live in a a isolated village in the Alpujarras of Spain so I know how hard it can be, I am the only one for miles that an internet connection let alone has learned to build an app.
I found it very hard trying to do it myself even trying with Youtube and Google and the forums so when I found someone that was willing to partner with me I learned so much more so much faster.
My teacher is a 16 year old from India, I am 44
Your apps sounds and looks good and I can see that you have a lot of good intentions behind the creation of your app, If I am able to help, when I can I will.

I use translator to be able to speak English :joy: :joy: :joy:, I understand English and I know a little but not so much, I always liked to create things so since since I have an idea I look and I look and I see how to do it and do not rest until i do it , the idea of creating the application I have for almost 3 years and I started doing it on the html web and then with android studios I made a webview to view the files and I put the html in assets so it worked offline and I found kodular and I started to make it Here, and I have like 2 months and a lot of hours doing the app and I think it’s going well Here’s how I started:

You are doing very very well for 2 months

1 Like

Wow! estás enseñando Quichua… muy bueno!

1 Like