Regarding User Data Deletion Policy in Google Play Console

As many of you are aware, Google Play Console has set a deadline for implementing a feature in your app that provides users with the option to delete data collected by the app. I want to clarify that my app itself doesn’t collect or store user data, as stated in the form. However, it’s essential to note that my app utilizes AdMob and includes Facebook mediation with AdMob for displaying ads. These advertising platforms may collect user data for various purposes.

Given this scenario, I am seeking further guidance on how to address the user data deletion policy, considering that I don’t have direct control over the data collected by these advertising partners through displayed ads. I’ve already updated my privacy policy to acknowledge the data collection practices associated with AdMob and Facebook mediation. I am specifically requesting detailed guidance on completing the Data Safety form. I’ve also reached out to Google Play Console on this matter, but unfortunately, their response was, “As much as I’d like to help, I’m not able to provide any more information or a better answer to your question.”

2 Likes