Rush • A new and improved way of building extensions

I remembered double should be supported, haven’t tried yet

1 Like

I have removed double but still the same error come

As already mentioned, double is supported in extension. So removing double will not solve your error. It seems by your error that you have returned something that is not supported. You should check all the returnable properties and methods.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply i’ve found that i returned ArrayList<String> in @SimpleFunction also i have added public ArrayList getList(){ }

1 Like

I haven’t read about writing tests for extensions anywhere. Wouldn’t be great if you could implement something related to testing in rush.

4 Likes

Testing support was something I had on my mind since the initial days of Rush but considering how many users would actually utilize it, I have completely removed it from the roadmap. I might consider adding it if more users are interested.

5 Likes

When i installing rush using shell its shows this error

My problem was solved.

I got the solution from: https://github.com/Microsoft/Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows/releases/
Thanks for helping me.

@Shreyash i was wondering if we put one asset like icon.png, then is it automatically saved in the ASD if no then how can we make it save in ASD

1 Like

No, that’s not possible.

Add the icon as a normal extension asset, and then store it in ASD when the extension is initialised. Use the Form's openAssetForExtension method to get the icon.

2 Likes

Why this error is coming?? @Shreyash after selecting java this error occurs!! 🥲

Run rush upgrade --force and try again.

@Shreyash i want to contact you regarding some desugar issue but i cant :frowning:

1 Like

Just post your query here in this thread.

3 Likes

when i build aix then Getting this error plz help

• Build initialized

┌ Checking project files
│ info Checking metadata file (rush.yml)
│ info Checking AndroidManifest.xml file
└ done
┌ Compiling sources
│ info Picked 1 source file
│ erro invalid flag: Bin\ftp-client
│ Usage: javac
│ use --help for a list of possible options
└ failed

• Build failed [278ms] [1 error]

can you provide the path where you are building extension

A report :

If i create a new extension with same name in the directory, my old code is wiped out

@rajjangid911, please make sure that your extension project’s root directory path doesn’t contain any whitespace.

@UnknownBeast, thanks for reporting.

2 Likes

After installing rush via powershell, I’m not able to build any extensions I create.

Note: I’ve reinstalled rush 2 times.