Rush • A new and improved way of building extensions

Looking at your questions, it seems as if you didn’t read the first post and the provided docs correctly. But anyways, here are your answers:

These files are automatically created when you run rush create <extension_name>.

Using the build command, like this: rush build. More on that here.

Make sure you have downloaded rush.zip from the release section. I see many users downloading the source code even though its clearly mentioned what to download in the installation wiki.

3 Likes

i am pretty sure i downloaded the correct zip but still command not working
see this -
i am using GitBash

Have you added the Rush/bin directory to the PATH? If yes, can you show me that directory in file explorer?

1 Like

wait i just saw my variables again and i think i mistakely deleted one character from it sorry i just run it again and it worked i will reply when i have some doubts

1 Like

when i tried to build extension it showed this -

but as per you said this should only happen in command prompt why it is happening in GitBash?

It should work in Git Bash. :thinking:
Can you try restarting the terminal. If that doesn’t work, try using PowerShell.

ok i will try

I got this error: Metadata file (rush.yml) not found
└ Failed

Capture

seems like you deleted the rush.yml file

@adwapbao
Make sure you cd into the generated extension directory.

1 Like

it’s still heregjhurd

2 Likes

GitBash is still not working i will try to do with PowerShell

I called: cd D: \ extension

even in PowerShell the same thing is happening @Shreyash

You need to cd into test, i.e., the name of your extension.

:thinking: Which version of Windows do you have?

1 Like

Windows 10

even me Windows 10

I was asking that to @luv.ak.tech. Anyways, does it work for you know?

EDIT: @luv.ak.tech’s issue is fixed. He was creating the extension in the same directory where he unzipped rush.zip, which is not allowed.

3 Likes

I did it here and when rushing build it got this error.

You need to cd into the generated extension’s directory and not the directory named “extension”, which in your case is “demo”. Its clearly mentioned there in the terminal.

2 Likes