Rush • A new and improved way of building extensions

Shreyash, in future, will we be able to create extension is other languages if possible :grin:

3 Likes

You’ll be able to write extensions in Kotlin (hopefully with the release after the next). Other than that, I don’t have plans to add support for any other language because it’s just Kotlin and Java that are officially supported languages for Android development.

4 Likes

Nice, so I have a library or package (folder) written in Koltin. So will I be able to use it with java code as well? I just want to know :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

Kotlin support for Rush will come with all the fundamental features of Kotlin, which includes interoperability with Java. So yes, you can have packages, libraries, or even just a single class written in Kotlin and everything will just work fine!

5 Likes

when it will be released?>

Most certainly after v1.1.0.

1 Like

Hi @Shreyash ,
I am/was facing few issues.
i) Windows was unable to open rush-win64.zip file.I solved this using 7-Zip and extracted files in D:/Rush.
ii) I was unable to edit Environmental Variables from File Explorer.Right click on This PC gives Properties option but that leads to Settings.Later I manually edited system variabled by using Search feature.
Above one are not issues. :sweat_smile:
The issue is that CMD is unable to understand rush command.

7-Zip also shows an error for me, but still unzips the folder.

Usually, restarting the terminal solves this problem. If it doesn’t, try using PowerShell or Git Bash. Let me know if the issue persists.

It’s because rush-win64.zip isn’t actually a ZIP but rather a tarball (TAR). With the upcoming update, you would be able to install Rush using a simple installer. This will reduce all the installation hassle.

3 Likes

i am trying to download the latest rush but when i try to unzip it it shows -

also your file rush.exe has trojan detected two times -
so my antivirus software auto deletes the file

Why don’t you all try extracting it using the default BreeZip extractor which is present in windows?

That’s just false. You just need to turn off your windows defender or (antivirus). You can safely ignore that.

1 Like

i am not sure it is showing everytime

i did it by changing zip to tar

rush.exe doesn’t contain any trojan. It’s just a false positive and you can safely ignore it. Also, for uninterrupted usage of Rush, I suggest you to exclude rush.exe from your antivirus scan. Else, it might block it every time you try to execute a Rush command.

6 Likes

can you how to do that my antivirus software auto does that

I have never used a antivirus software, so, I’m not quite sure how to do that. Why not Google it yourself?

well i am still shocked can you still take a look at code because it does not look a false positive as it is doing it every time

Like I said earlier, Rush contains no trojan. If you still think it’s unsafe to use, you are free to just throw it in the bin. No one’s forcing you to use it. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes