Search option with English only with wrong spelling detection

““1.4C.4 Eagle””

Building a drug search app would like to add 2 functions

1. Force the keyboard to change to English when the user tries to write in the text box. For example, if someone has 2 language packs installed, let’s say English and Chinese, the language automatically switches to EN when the user touches the text box.

2. Since some users will enter the drug name with the wrong spelling, it’s essential that the search function overlooks spelling mistakes.

Don’t know about the first point but for the second you will need to create a list of common misspellings and then compare what the user has entered to them (after comparing to the actual spelling).

That doesn’t seem like the solution. Isn’t there a way to implement an AI? With 1000+ drugs it’s not practical to make a list of all common misspellings

Hey,

I think i have already developed same app as you are trying.

No need to do this bacause when user type with another language, no results will appear.
He will understand that, he have to type in English.

I have working blocks for a search method in that when user just start typing the first letters of the drug name, result will automatically appears.

1 Like

Blockquote
need to do this bacause when user type with another language, no results will appear.
He will understand that, he have to type in English.

There are already well established apps for drugs searching, I need my app to be better to be able to compate.
I identified 4 problems with existing app that if i fixed all of them my app will be the best. Oneof the problems is the annoying language shift that you need to make everytime you use them.
I have seen sites which force language shift to English when writing the email so I know it’s possible.

I will take a look on you app later as I am currently at work on my phone. Thank you.

1 Like