Something for kodular update

Hi , i know there are many bugs in new kodular update and it’s obvious because the main library is change but this is not the right way to launch the new version in production version.

Best practices is to launch the new version in beta server or any other way because most of the users have apps already in production and they face too much silly bugs in the new update.

Launch new version directly in production server is a bad idea .

1 Like

Such as???

2 Likes

Such as Image picker component , App Compat etc

Most errors are due to extensions
Recast • Make your old extensions compatible with Kodular Fenix

this should solve the problem as per Vishwas

3 Likes

Really when we launch something so there are some chance that it causes some error which destroys someone hardwork.
And if they test it on a beta server and ask for user feedback is this not a good idea ?

That’s not right, we do beta testing and gather user feedback before the release.

The errors are due to huge upgrade in libraries we use (AndroidX). And, many extension devs already provide AndroidX-compatible version of their extensions. We are definitely working on to improve this situation.

4 Likes

But the update was so called “secret update” right? it wasn’t available for us to test?

Only the AdManager part was a secret. The other things in the update were already said here before and are known to @BetaKoders

6 Likes

Criticism is not very fair in this case.
Update to android x was in plan for at-least 3-4 month. Lot of users used to discuss these changes and some extension developer also promised update.
Some more issues will come up when Kodular target API 30, related to download functionality(External Write Permission)
Just a suggestion, if you use download function then you should be ready to use asd(now you have around 1-2 weeks to fix this).

1 Like

please explain asd

Asd = Application Specific Directory
Doesn’t require read write permission ( important in case of SDK/API 30)
Also asd can’t be accessed normally(file manager) in Android 11
Image contains asd of various popular apps.

A post was split to a new topic: Error in Activity Metadata stage

I have a big problem in web viewer in my Phone. I tried to run this html page,it’s diplayed in the midle of the screen and could not click the check box. It’s has no problem with by old phone, but not in my newest phone (android 11)

My HTML page :

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
<style>
body{  
    font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    font-size:14px;
}

.main-container{
      width: 50%;
      margin: auto;
}

.table-container{
	width:100%;
}

table {
    Background-color:#fafafa;
    border-collapse: collapse;
}

td i {
	color:#e60000;
}

th, td {
  text-align: left;
  padding: 8px;
  border: 1px solid #ffffff;

}

tr:nth-child(even){background-color: #d9d9d9}

th {
  background-color: #0000ff;
  color: white;
}

@media only screen and (max-width: 800px) {
  .main-container{
      width: 100%;
	}

}

</style>

</head>

<body> 

<div class="main-container">

<div class="table-container">
	<table>	 
		 <tr>
		     <td><input type='checkbox' name='bike' value="bike"></td>
		     <td>Mountain Bike</td>
		     <td>10</td>
		 </tr>
		 <tr>
		     <td><input type='checkbox' name='car' value="car"></td><td>Luxury Car</td><td>10</td>
		 </tr>
		 <tr>
		     <td><input type='checkbox' name='boat' value="boat"></td><td>Sailling Boat</td><td>10</td>
		 </tr>
	</table>	 
	</div>

</div>
</body>
</html>

I have a big problem in web viewer in my Phone. I tried to run this html page,it’s diplayed in the midle of the screen and could not click the check box.

Also, we have ready the Target SDK 30 patch, but it wasn’t released yet as we are waiting for App Inventor to launch it at the same time.

4 Likes

can you fix web viewer please :frowning_face_

Hi @Diego i import this in my extension :
import androidx.appcompat.widget.SwitchCompat;

And finally my aix works on MIT AI2 but why not work on Kodular Fenix???

Actually, LOL… I found out something like a AdManager after Diego created a repo on that. I got a notification from Github since I was following him. Great update from you guys. Hat’s off to you guys.