Sprite position error

Good day,

I have some problems trying to fit the sprites on canvas, I added the aia to test.

I just want to set the sprite in a specific position but when I test it in companion x and y are in “0”. When I test it on an emulator x and y have the right positions but one is not visible so i dont know what I am doing bad, please help me.

Test.aia (6.6 KB)

If you are asking for help, I recommend you to make it as easy for others to be able to help you …
You probably will get more feedback then…

which means in your case post a screenshot of your relevant blocks…

To download the aia file, upload it to Kodular, open it, do some bug hunting for you, etc… this takes time, and most people will not do that…
Thank you.

Taifun

I added the blocks that I am using and the components.

I was testing in so many ways and I found that when I have visible the vertical arrangement and vertical scroll arrangement the sprites work good but when I set the vertical scroll arrangement to invisible and I use the button to set it visible the sprites are crazy… Its like the canvas lose their size.

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun

I tried with “do it” in each block and all work ok there is not erros and the result was as I wanted but when I action the button it doesnt work and stopped before the sprites move to x and y.

As I said it looks like the canvas lose their dimentions or I don´t knot whats is happening, can you check this please.

Try by adding a timer

With the clock works perfectly and I have a solution BUT is it a bug? it doesnt have to work without the clock? or is there a logical explanation?

imho it is not a bug… sometimes there might be timing issues and the solution always is to use a timer…
Taifun

Oh I see thank you @Boban and @Taifun

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.