Style of programming

First when idea come in my mind. I take my diary & Pen start writing what will be there in my app. Then i start creating logo & after logo i start designing the screen & Once screen i complete i start making blocks. If any bug or Issue is there then i create a new tab & open kodular community in it…

2 Likes

Oops! :sweat_smile:
I forgot to take a day out for this! (editing my above post…) :rofl:

Thanks for reminding! :grin:

1 Like

i know this is the most important part . by the way

Keep Calm & Happy Koding

1 Like

Thanks everyone for sharing your style of programming
From now I would implement it into my programming style and create some unique apps.

1 Like

At the start, I put some components and extensions into my project wich are obviously needed. I instantly change every HA, VA and some objects like Buttons, Textboxs, Sliders to fill parent and mostly rename them for better usablity. Then I start making each function, one by one. If they aren’t too hard, trying them on paper. Sometimes I create more than one way to be sure one of them works, then only leave the best one. I usually change / improve design when one function is done and test the App. If it has mistakes, I try to find the wrong parts either start that function again.

1 Like

I think everyone should introduce this to theirs naming of components, the list is incomplete as many new components have been added

acs = Acceleration Sensor
act = Activity Starter
bal = Ball
btn = Button
cam = Camera
ckb = Check Box
cvs = Canvas
ftc = Fusion Tables Control
hsa = Horizontal Arrangement
img = Image
imp = Image Picker
lbl = Label
los = Location Sensor
lpr = List Picker
nfs = Near Field Sensor
ors = Orientation Sensor
ply = player
ptb = Password TextBox
sld = Slider
snd = Sound
spr = Image Sprite
tsa = Table Arrangement
tdb = Tiny Db
twb = TinyWeb db
tmr = Timer or clk for clock
txb = Textbox
vid = Video Camera
vsa = Vertical Arrangement
vpl = Video Player
web = Web Component
wbv = Web View

Btw, the link to the list can be found on App Inventor Links | Pura Vida Apps Naming conventions

/Boban

12 Likes

You could make a guide from this list and append to it.

1 Like

I use
btn , img and lbl the most :smile:

Plus, DB for DataBase

:smile:

1 Like

I use BLAH most of the time. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Me2, have figured out a number of things lately :grin::upside_down_face::crazy_face:

/Boban

2 Likes

Very glad to here that you follow Material Guidelines! I try my best to also offer a great design and simplicity while also going a little out of the lines to add things that may not be documented in the Guidelines, like emojis, etc… Personally, I’m trying to come up with my own design language as you might’ve seen from when I came back.

@Peter, for me the programming with blocks is messy, although I do try to optimize it when I can.

2 Likes

I search kodular.io and then start dragging and dropping components… As aresult what i found is just an abstract art​:joy::joy::joy:… But still my simplest apps get 600+ downloads per day… Becz of my promotion strategies :sunglasses:

i like your way, i always make a plan., that what will my app contains and what i need, then i draw a map on paper of all screens which butons images and all, then i start making graphics by my self buttons images and backgrounds logos, then start making from screen1 and apply backgrounds button images and after designer work finish i start assembling blocks after screen 1 i strat next screen and also test everything along that after completing its hard of find any error so for me this way working good and i am enjoying a lot Kodular .

1 Like

Can you post links to your apps please?

I really wanted to see them…

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Here is the link
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.kodular.ziach5451.landrecords

Similarely do I.
As long as I do not use so much components, I introduced two letters prefix.

1 Like