SurfaceView not working after Fenix Update

OK so I got the better solution, by using Pro camera: The pro custom camera‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ - #14 by Xoma extension…
that ext. work great as the “old” surface view, but it cannot auto rotate your taken images by it orientation, but you can simply using the container size to determining you taken image size…

and new problem also coming, now you cannot do taken image preview as simple as : image taken → change dummy image ->taken image

because i see now the new update only access it own data’s folder by default… so you cannot do image preview in the simple way, if you put your taken image on the root folder or Pictures folder

1 Like

It looks like working now. Tried on BETA

2 Likes

After running many test I believe the problem is with items placed on to of the SurfaceView. For example, in my app I place a .png image with a transparent background on top, using the surfaceview as a background. Prior to the Fenix update this worked, but now the .png image has a solid background, thus totally blocking out the surfview. This also happens when any object, for instance, a button is placed on top of the surfaceview.

You can easily test this with the small app you created above by simply moving your “cam” button down on top of the SurfaceView window. If you do you will see the surfview is no longer visible. Thanks you your attention and work on solving this issue.

Mike

yap… you cannot put png overlay on top surfaceview now… it just works if it full screen and has no overlay on top of it

Good news. It appears Surfaceview is working again. The only difference I see is if you can’t keep it open and go to another task because when you come back the same old problem with items placed on top reappears. This is easily fixed by stopping and restarting surfaceview each time you leave and return. Many thanks to whoever fixed it. If you will post and acknowledge fixing the component I will credit you with the solution.
Thanks
Mike

1 Like