When will SurfaceView be fixed?

I’m facing the same problem with SurfaceView which makes me unable to use @Kevinkun AgoraRTC extension after i paid 14 USD for it! And Kodular staff seems to not react with this, they don’t even put it on the bug tracker, is it gonna be fixed or not? I really need it a lot and not just me but many other people.
@Kodular please tell us if this issue will be fixed please.

i got same problem also… i still doing my final project, but suddenly surface view didnt work as normal, that component is the main thing on my app, last night itry to change it with several extensions and it work OK on Pro camera: The pro custom camera‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ but not as good as before, because using that extension the taken images will not rotate automatically based on it landscape (it only give you potrait mode by default)…

and also in the new update, you cannot simply show your taken image preview as simple as before because the new update only has access on it data folder only on your devices… so if your taken images output to different folder like DICM or Pictures.,… you cannot do image preview with taken images → change dummy images → preview images everything is very change…

i just didnt understand why they fixing thing that should not been fixed…

Well, it happens sometimes, going to release a new version in the future.
Isnt the camera automatically re-initialized when the devices is rotated?

wow my savior… thank for the ext man… you save me on last minutes… yes that the problem… i didnt know why, but everytime images taken with your ext it always show on potrait mode…

Several people had reported the same issue. It’s not just portraited mode, the image gets rotated sometimes upside down in some cases.

I have not found any fix to this. The camera-2 behaves differently on different devices.

yeah, that ok… just dont change anything… your ext is perfect, image is easy to resize by only resizing i container… it just need to do with width and height detection to rotate the taken image…

i actually didnt expect that feature… until i resize the container… the the taken images is follow the size of it

1 Like

ahh 1 thing if you want to update your ext… if you can fix the image stretch when the container is resized… it will be better it cropped instead stretched…

Image stretch only happens if arrangement height excludes height is more than 70%.

You can DM him to ask him for help, this topic was made to ask if someone knows a solution for SurfaceView or else when the staff will fix it.

First of all, you should not open an new thread as there is already one secondly, read last post…

Which post?

1 Like

any update when surfaceview front camera bug will be fix? well it works when you rotate to landscape and portrait again.