TaifunPlayer app crash

Hello,

I have recently replaced my audio players with the TaifunPlayer extension. I have used the corresponding blocks I used before. The app works fine for me but I am getting some crashes on my Play Console from users.

Crash
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
com.puravidaapps.TaifunPlayer$2.onAudioFocusChange

Stack trace:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:
at com.puravidaapps.TaifunPlayer$2.onAudioFocusChange (TaifunPlayer.java:803)
at android.media.AudioManager$ServiceEventHandlerDelegate$1.handleMessage (AudioManager.java:2974)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage (Handler.java:106)
at android.os.Looper.loop (Looper.java:233)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main (ActivityThread.java:8063)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run (RuntimeInit.java:631)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main (ZygoteInit.java:978)

My blocks:

Ignore the disabled blocks and error.

it looks like there is a problem after another app gets control (for example a phone call comes in while the player is playing) or after the phone call ended and your app gets back control

I prepared a new version and added some additional debugging statements for onAudioFocusChange for you to test
I send you the download link of the new version as PM…

you might want to do some more tests to find out, when exactly the problem occurs… also send me the logcat output…

thank you!

Taifun

1 Like

Thank you very much for the help Taifun. The error/crash does not happen on my device, I have tried recreating them over the last 10 minutes with several types of audio (phone calls, youtube in the background) but the app is working fine. I will continue to try it out on other devices and provide the logcats. Again thanks for the help.

I’ve been seeing this error (crash?) in the Play Developer Console for years, but I haven’t received any feedback from my users. So I just ignore it …

Have you received (negative) feedback from your users?

1 Like

I have not for this one, no. But always nice to find out the issue. It only affects a couple users here and there.

I do get a few users saying their data is lost (from tinyDB) could this be due to a crash?

hello I tried tainfun player it works well, but I find the sound weaker than that of exoplayer and also slower to load, I find it equal to the kodular player.