The operation select list item cannot accept the arguments: , [*empty-string*], [1]

I am getting this error when displaying List View 2 data, which is an empty list, on the 2nd screen (Ekran_1G_1T_Karamursel) on the 1st screen (Ekran_1G_1T). It gives this error because the list is empty, but the lists should be empty when first opened.

The 2nd screen (Ekran_1G_1T_Karamursel)

The 1st screen (Ekran_1G_1T)

I am getting this error
Hata

This is my first project.
I’m sorry for my bad english.

I hope you should not use make a list here, Because already the value will be in list.

And in the second screen , here instead of using global variable just use the get start value

Also make sure the start value is having items… after testing then set up remaining blocks. Why don’t you debug your blocks o.n every stage it self???

“Do it” cannot be applied because the option does not appear to be active. In addition, when the application is opened, the list should be empty and the user should fill the list with the selections on the 2nd screen.

In 2nd screen mean then why do you use get start value in screen1??? Confusing us.

I tried what you said, but the choices I made on the 2nd screen were never displayed on the 1st screen. The problem is that the list on the 2nd screen is empty when the application is first opened, but I already want this list to be empty, the user will fill this list later.

How is it possible???

If not use one if condition…
If the list is not empty then add the above said blocks. So you can avoid the error. And when user selects items then you can move back to screen1 and do your work

Actually, it’s my first time producing an app and I’m a beginner. What I want to do is to display the lists created on 3 different screens on the 1st screen, but I could not succeed. maybe the path I followed is wrong, I read all the discussions for 3 days, tried but failed. :frowning:

I’ll try what you said and let you know. thank you for everything.

Actually screen 1 is the opening screen and without visiting and selecting values in s2 and s3 you cannot show it in screen1. So try to manage or rearrange your algorithm of your work flow

I think this would be the best solution. Thank you very much again.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

you have to connect the companion app
use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun