Trying to create a new contact

I have contact details in my application that I would like to add to the contacts of the phone. Specifically to a gmail account contacts.

I have tried using the activity starter as explained on Taifuns page here: App Inventor Code Snippets | Pura Vida Apps. Unfortunately I get an error
Error 601: No corresponding activity was found

Then I tried the contacts creator extension which works but creates the contact only on the phone but not as a Google contact.

Next I tried saving the details as a file in the vcard format. This works nicely and I can successfully open the vcard using a file browser. This also then allows me to choose the account I want to save the contact to, which is great. but I am unable to trigger this file to open from appinventor itself. Quite frankly I did not find a way to open any file using the system default app associated with the file extension.

The only solution I have left it to use the google people api, but that gets quite complicated.

Any suggestions and ideas to save these contact details into the google contacts would be appreciated.

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select “Download Blocks as Image”. You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

@Md_Sirajul_Haque did a lot of tests concerning working with contacts… he might want to give some expert advice…
see also

Taifun

Thanks Taifun for the help. I tried the ActivityStarter again and I again got the error. Then I changed my targeted android version to a lower one and then it worked. (From 27 to 24)

The code blocks were basically exactly the same as on your website.

P.S. Thanks for being so involved in the community and providing so much help!