Webviewer Render local html file

Hello,

I have a local file created by the user. It is basic html and named 232432,html

I am trying to render it with the Webviewer component .local using the file name.
When I load it with the component method, it shows the raw HTML and not it rendered.

Any tips?

Can you please show the blocks?

Well there is nothing to show. I call the component and I try either an HTML variable or a stored file and neither render.

I call the file, and on file get text I store it to a variable, or I just use the filename in a variable.

Both techniques show the raw HTML and not it rendered.

Try using the .PathToAssets block from Taifun’s Tools Extension:

I haven’t tried it but I think it will work. Let me know how it goes. :slightly_smiling_face:
P.S.: You must have the HTML file uploaded in the app’s assets.

It is not an assett. It is a local created one based on the users interaction with the app.

Finding the file is not an issue. It sees it, and the correct version . It just does not render. It shows the raw HTML .

</

etc

It is about showing it as a proper rendered page which is my issue.

Use GoToUrl block instead.

I use something like this in my music player.

4 Likes

That is exactly what I am looking for. Second question @Fabio How did you find the full path?

1 Like

I use file:///storage/emulated/0/… for files in the device internal storage. I’ve learned it from tutorials on the internet.

1 Like

Ok Thanks. Cause I saw you prefixed your file with / and the ToolTip says that goes to an SD card.

Let me give it a go. You have been a great help.

Thanks!

— UPDATE (I am not trusted enough to reply to myself) —

So as an update, it appears that there was a conflict with my layout, as well as some real nasty lag on the screen.

So what I did was setup a new screen, and a temporary tag in the tinyDB to pass the url. In short, I moved the webviewer to another screen and it works perfect now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.