What if posts in the Kodular Community not in English had an integrated Google Translate feature to translate the post

What if there was a button under any post in the Kodular Community (English or not) had a button to translate the post and for it to be powered by Google Translate?

3 Likes

This was possible, but it got taken away and the enforced language is English.

Plus there would be multiple errors, such as it not letting you translate. Overall, it’s just better without it.

10 Likes

i agree with @cje9604 in mit community there is a option

2 Likes

Where is the option in the MIT Ai2 Community?

see the world icon next to the heart icon in a foreign language post

btw. afaik that feature costs money and therefore has been removed from the Kodular community
Taifun

1 Like

But using the Google Translate API. Some third party websites offer this function in the top or bottom of their website. Also, @Taifun I do see the world icon in posts not in English in the AI2 Community.

Taifun

Since the Kodular Community is based on Discourse, the world icon may be a paid feature as you said it costs money. Or it could be a custom feature in the MIT AI2 Community.

You make no sense, how is this is a “custom” feature?

Taifun

1 Like

The idea is not bad but if it was removed it is because it probably didn’t work well

1 Like

If you are using the Chrome or FireFox Browsers, you should be able to right-mouse-click the page and select translation as a feature of the Browser itself. Works well on the App Inventor forum.

3 Likes

What if it does not translate. That function is powered by Google Translate.

The translate feature you’re talking about for the community, if I’m correct, also uses Google Translate.