Advanced Joystick Controls In Kodular

Hello, this is my take on how to make a Joystick for character movement in Kodular.

At the moment this project consists of 510 blocks so i will not upload any photos of them, i highly recommend to download the .aia or .ais files and read the code to better understand the concept.

Example with IsDynamicJoystick variable set to true.

Example with IsDynamicJoystick variable set to false.

Downloadable Files

AIS:JoyStick_Screen1.ais (21.7 KB)
AIA:JoyStick.aia (41.4 KB)
APK:JoyStick.apk (5.2 MB)

Joystick

1Implemented “Circle-Line Intersection” method to create circular collisions for the joystick bounds.

2Added “JoystickStrenght” variable that returns a percentage of how much the joystick is pulled from its origin point.

3 Added*“IsDynamicJoystick”* variable that let’s you use the joystick at any point on the screen dynamically.

Movement

Implemented “Linear-Interpolation Function” at the Joystick Touch-Up Event so that the character doesn’t stop immediately.

Play around with the c increment value to see cool behaviors.
Default Value: 0.1 | Accepted Values: 0 - 1

c_increment

22 Likes

It would be nice if you provide some screenshots or a small video of what app does

2 Likes

I mainly uploaded this so people can see the blocks and learn how to make a proper joystick in Kodular, because it was really hard for me to find out and now that i did i shared it here for everyone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice :+1: joystick control is smooth
Well done ! :clap:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Wow :hushed::heart_eyes::+1:

Really loved the way you achieve this .
Thankyou !

2 Likes

Perfect ! Thank you for sharing the code

7 Likes

I must say that i uploaded immediately after finishing it and the code isn’t very clean.
But i will try to clean it and upload the new files as soon as i can!

5 Likes

Awesome and we leant new idea with your tricks… good for our community… :+1:

:heart:

5 Likes

Excellent project. Thanks for sharing it, especially for free.

4 Likes

Excellent work ! Now everyone can get a idea to make a 3D games :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thank you, although i wouldn’t recommend making 3D games in Kodular!

2 Likes

Can someone suggest how to make the joystick export a value in degrees? And even remove the rocket character? Thank you!