After SDK33: required storage permissions on Android 13+ (READ_MEDIA_...) missing

In which part is it absent? Is it within this block?
blocks(9)

However, there’s nothing I can do in that regard, correct? Should I consider substituting the player component with the TaifunPlayer extension to address this problem?

I’m genuinely unsure about how to carry out that task, which is why I shared the AIA file. I kindly request, as a favor, could you please perform the necessary steps in the AIA file and send it back to me? I’m struggling to comprehend the execution process.

Sure, if it doesn’t function as expected, I’ll approach Pavi for assistance in resolving the issue.

To find it out yourself, use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing and Debugging

Yes
Taifun

And again, yes.

Following your suggestions, I implemented the following changes in the app:

Added a slash (/)
Integrated the TaifunPlayer extension
Incorporated your ReadMediaPermissions extension and declared those permissions on the second screen.

Despite these efforts, the issue persists and, in fact, has escalated with more errors than before. At this point, I understand that resolving this may require your intervention. Therefore, I kindly request your assistance in fixing it, preferably within the AIA file. This way, I won’t need to create additional threads due to my inability to resolve the problem.

If you can address the issue within the AIA file and share it in this thread, it would greatly benefit not only me but also others seeking a similar solution. I’ve also had a discussion with Pavi, and he has expressed his commitment to prioritize and resolve this permission issue promptly.

Recording_Test_Final.aia (145.9 KB)

@Taifun @bodymindpower

Please be more specific
If you are asking for help, I recommend you to make it as easy for others to be able to help you …

You probably will get more feedback then…

which means in your case post a screenshot of your relevant blocks…

To download the aia file, upload it to Kodular, open it, do some bug hunting for you, etc… this takes time, and most people will not do that…

Thank you.

Taifun

1 Like

And they are?

Try this one:
Recording_Test_Final_2.apk (4.6 MB)

1 Like

That’s truly fantastic! It’s now running smoothly without any errors. I have complete confidence that only you could achieve this, and I’m incredibly grateful for your efforts in resolving the issue. Could you please share the solved AIA with me so that I can seamlessly integrate it into my project?

Additionally, I mentioned earlier that I lack a device with a version lower than Android 11 for testing. With these improvements, can I expect this method to work seamlessly across all Android versions without encountering any errors? Once again, thank you so much for your invaluable assistance.

@bodymindpower

Kindly share the AIA containing the finalized solution you’ve completed, allowing me to integrate it into my project.

I think you actually already have all the information you need to make the few adjustments yourself.

1 Like

Thank you immensely; it’s functioning perfectly now. I just have two inquiries:

1. Is it no longer necessary to include the ReadMediaPermissions Extension in the app, as I couldn’t find any blocks related to it?

2. Can I be assured that this method of yours will operate seamlessly across all Android versions? Unfortunately, I lack testing devices for versions other than the one I currently have.

Thank You, once again for your help. @bodymindpower

Yes, to both questions.

1 Like

I extend my heartfelt gratitude for your diligent efforts and the comprehensive solution to the problem. :pray:t2:

A post was merged into an existing topic: FTP Not working After SDK 33