Announcing KodeJam 2k19!

But in above, u missed the logic of ‘detection’ whether input has email or URL …coz the user may input anything (email / URL or just some plain text) !
For efficiently detecting this, i was thinking of using Regex / Regular Expressions but since in KodeJam extensions are not allowed, i didn’t submit any solution for that question

4 Likes

me too…
Did anyone solve this? :face_with_monocle:
Can u suggest something, @shreyash?

Thanks! :smile:

1 Like

Sure, i can read English and the requirement starts with “IF a text contains URLs or email addresses…”.

Your blocks have missed doing validation or detection logic for URL or emails…they are “assuming” & blindly putting tag without checking input has email or URL or both or simply plain text (in which case you don’t have to make it clickable !).

Secondly, if the input has email then the output “” tag should also have “mailto:” to make it clickable (which again, i don’t find in your solution blocks):-

1 Like

Ohh…:sweat_smile:
Thank you for correcting me.
I think I missed that and will add it to my Knowledge Database.
Anyway,
I am feeling very disappointed to inform that my all solutions will not be accepted as MinApi Level was Android 4.4 not 5.0 which is requirement.

I will be back and continue KodeJam challenge since Sunday.
(Due to some personal reasons)

But I am working on Best App Challenge.

4 Likes

Yes, @jinisha_tejura is right. You were supposed to convert URLs and email if any in a piece of text into clickable links.
Example:
This is KodeJam’s official website: https://kodejam.com -> This is KodeJam’s official website: https://kodejam.com

4 Likes

And input has email then we have to treat the case differently coz to make email clickable, we should also have mailto: attribute

3 Likes

@vknow360, What service do u use? Firebase? Airtable? AWS? :rofl:
I am also looking for some unlimited storage… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I use ‘Brain’ database :grin:
And store and retrieve data using ‘Nerve Api’ powered by ‘Nervous System’ :joy:

8 Likes

I think I am lacking this…
Is it paid?
I am interested to Sign Up :grin:

3 Likes

Usually brainDB isn’t reliable…in my case output depends on the mood :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Yes you are right.
But we can fix this error by some ‘healthy’ troubleshooting tips.

No not at all for me.I can’t say anything about others.
Simply depends on yourself…

Just ‘Do it’

:joy:

3 Likes

I can show you these related blocks sent by @vknow360.

23-09_01_47

However, I misunderstood, either this is not a solution.

So, what I expected (only highlighted ones are clickable)
It converts this pain text

1. I currently have 4 windows open up… and I don’t know why.

2. He didn’t want to go to the dentist, yet he went anyway.

3. What was the person thinking when they discovered cow’s milk was fine for human consumption… and why did they do it in the first place!? E-mail me: [email protected] (or something).

4. Let me help you with your baggage so that you can make a website, http://webse.it.

5. The book is in front of the table.

Into this text

1. I currently have 4 windows open up… and I don’t know why.

2. He didn’t want to go to the dentist, yet he went anyway.

3. What was the person thinking when they discovered cow’s milk was fine for human consumption… and why did they do it in the first place!? E-mail me: [email protected] (or something).

4. Let me help you with your baggage so that you can make a website, http://webse.it.

5. The book is in front of the table.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

4 Likes

Today’s challenges are out and yes, these are the nutty ones. Let’s see if you could crack them. :wink:

4 Likes

And sorry for being a bit late. Actually, I forgot to update them. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Can someone show a (short) solution for challenge #8 ? This one still the hardest for me.

1 Like

First version of word reverter 28 blocks. :grin:

1 Like

Second version, 17 blocks

2 Likes

17 blocks also :+1::grin:

4 Likes

There is no “short solution” because of the nature of the Challenge. I’m saying this to everyone: focus on making your function robust, before trying to reduce block count. Validation checks are way more necessary than a faster evaluation time, because failing to properly process any reasonable input (ie, I’ll only feed in input of the proper dataType, although I will encourage dataType checks) will instantly fail the function. Speed is secondary. As for the Challenge, I’ve already made a solution the previous night; I’ll optimize it a bit and share it in a few hours (if all goes well).

Don’t worry, the API requirement is for the Best App Challenge. The Kode Challenges submissions are only via procedure definitions, therefore API level is immaterial.

6 Likes

I’m back, with a fairly robust solution to Challenge 8. A short note: the email detection can be made more robust by looking for known email providers.

Block count: 100
miiliBench average evaluation time: 10-12 ms

9 Likes