Announcing KodeJam 2k19!

It’s same for me.

And that’s one of the main reasons why I wasn’t much active on the community recently. I just hate those tons of topics created every day related to ads/commission.

5 Likes

The new challenges are online so let’s go with the old ones. I only did the leapyear procedure.

I made 4 different ones.

I used the algorithm from here

and this one

6 Likes

I did this:-

4 Likes

Then & Else clause to specially return boolean seems of no use coz any IF condition should always return either false or true anyway.

3 Likes

Yes you are getting a true or false, i wanted to make i somewhat more beautiful with a yes or no. Your way is better. You can make a yes or no-text outside the procedure depending on the returned boolean if you wanted.

3 Likes

I see you made a global variable for the year. If you add an input it looks like this.

You won’t even need a variable.

4 Likes

I think, @Shreyash,
(Just a suggestion)

@Kodular should take a campaign, or we all, to make a KodeJam every month or 2, but not with a prize.
Because -

We are here to Learn.

& for daily questions, @peter & all prokoders r here to help us :smile:. they r experienced, as well as have a great knowledge about coding problems/question.

Am I right everybody?

Apologies if I speak anything wrong :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks! :smile:

5 Likes

My thoughts after seeing today’s challenges:
Challenge 9: Easy;I was surprised to see that it’s difficulty is written hard :innocent:
Challenge 10: Super Easy;There are a lot of Guides related to this in Community

1 Like

The idea is good. But, I think doing something very frequently always results in loosing interest in that particular thing. And as I said earlier too, we have planned to organize KodeJam each year. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Nice! :star_struck:

Okay :smile:

robert downey jr thumbs up GIF

3 Likes

I pm-ed you some ideas :wink:

4 Likes

So, how you did the second one (challenge #8) ?

1 Like

I have PM-ed you that.

Instead of PM’ing, it would be better if you could post the all the solutions related to Kode Challenges here in this topic. It would be helpful for everyone. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Challenge #8 was I think of HTML, right @shreyash?
I would like to know the solution, because I am not introduced to HTML yet :sweat_smile: , just C++ & Python

2 Likes

I am not on my laptop so I can not share blocks but I can tell method.
It uses href and <a> attributes.

2 Likes

Oh boy I missed a lot :sweat_smile:

My exams are going on, so I wasn’t able to be that active… I might still have time to share my solutions to the Challenges (right from the beginning, cuz why not).

By the way, Peter… Your vowel detector made me realize that I unnecessarily overcomplicate things. Thanks for the life lesson. :joy: You’ll know what I’m talking about when I share my procedures.

5 Likes

Me too!, @Kanishka_Developer :sweat_smile:
I am wrong in two ways -

• Either solve it very very easily (8/10 cases go wrong :grin: )
  • or over-complicate it (6/10 cases go wrong; u have to go through every block in the loooong procedure :disappointed: for pinning out the nasty little BUG )

BTW, wish u luck for next exams! :smile:

4 Likes

Here are my blocks for Challenge 8:
23-09_01_47

4 Likes

I’m curious for resolution challenge solution…

1 Like