[Discontinued] Background Tasks [4.1] 🥳

You can ask here when you’re stuck into something (:

1 Like

Ok ! Just on thing i don’t need notification i can do this without notification ?

You can simply remove the register event block for that. This way the event will be ignored.

You can send a connect request to the device but you’ll need to extract the element from the device list as the device name/address and then connect to it but I realize that you cannot do it for the event values. We can do it through the Bluetooth client component:

25.06.2021_16.41.08_REC

This will directly return the address and the names which we can later pick a element. If you invoke this instead of the Bluetooth Admin’s event values and you can connected to it something like this:

25.06.2021_16.47.06_REC

If you want to get the first BLE device and connect it then you can use the segment (invoke:result:[0]) with the MakeExtra and send as the device address. But you’ll need to separate the Addresses and Names which is not posible in the current version. So instead you can provide a fixed element to connect.

2 Likes

Ok tank you !

1 Like

i don’t need to connect a device, Actually it is an application for a diy smart whatch so i start the app, i connect the device and when i put the cellphone standby (the screen is off) the app must be stay connected to the device and continue to collect data (time, steps) and send it to the device but it is pretty complicated and i don’t know how i can really made this. (i made the app but i don’t know how to put every fonctionnality on the background and if you want you can check my work)

That’s way complicated work. Why don’t you upload the steps to the database like firebase? And get the data at another end?

The alternative easy solution that requires the internet:

You just store the steps and get the value from another phone.

I can do this because i must not be dependent on the internet because it is a SmartWhatch but Can we do this with tiny DB ?

You should try out some tutorials and experiment you’re friend. Yes, you can store value to the tiny DB (locally)

3 Likes

OK thank’s i will try but please can just made for me the bluetooth for stay connected in the background without notification just stay the connection with the device please :).SmartConnect_copie.aia (662.7 KB)

I will need to find out the time and I don’t have an another phone to test as of now (they are old devices android 5, 6)…

I’ll try to test it with it.

Also i am not familiar with using Bluetooth from long time.

Ok thank you very much i think i just need the background of the bluetooth for made the rest of the application .

Take my app for do that for have the bluetooth already done.

Congratulations @Xoma for this great contribution!

5 Likes

Just a little question why we use a firebase and not tiny db ?

Firebase is an online real-time database that can be used over internet to store and retrive value from the internet. With the Tiny DB you cannot share data to another service/app/web. It’s saved locally. In simple way they are like variables of keys and values. Firebase DB can be used to share the data/store data over devices/internet.

1 Like

can I open an app installed on my mobile using this extension? If possible, can you show me how? thanks.

How much have you tried yet ?

I haven’t actually tried it yet, it was an idea that just occurred to me.

If you want to open an application in the Background, as per my knowledge it’s not possible to do it. I’ve tried sevral times to implement it.

1 Like

ok, thank you for the answer.

1 Like

ok thank’s !

2 Likes