Best Browser to use?

Hi All

Just wondering which browser everyone is using.

I’m using Chrome which seems fine, and have tried Firefox which was sluggish when trying to move the ‘Blocks’ view around.

Has any one had a different experience with Firefox or any other browser for that mater?

Just being curious
Richard

2 Likes

For me chrome works fine but you can try internet Explorer, opera mini also…

2 Likes

For me Firefox works excellent. Chrome consumes a lot of resources. Also

It also works well and light with Brave

3 Likes

Opera works best for me bro no lags no issues and fast response

3 Likes

I don’t know, i only use Chrome Dev for Kodular (Well, Chrome Canary really :sweat_smile:)

But you can try with Opera :thinking:

2 Likes

Same here I am also using Chrome Dev…

1 Like

I use Firefox Developers Edition, and I can say it works pretty well for me.

2 Likes

My app has 2727 blocks so far, the number of the blocks affect directly the performance of the block view.
Connection it’s another factor, if you have a bandwidth less than 20 MB or a unstable connection, using Kodular will be impossible to use.
I had so much performance issues that I was about to give up Kodular, but speeding up my connection helped a lot (still laggy, got used to it).
Worth to mention that theese problems doesn’t exist at MIT App Inventor 2, and that I’ve tested tons of browsers and no difference have been noticed (didn’t try Opera yet).
Although MIT App Inventor 2 has better performance, doesn’t worth to migrate your project to that platform, it looks like abandoned for years and Kodular has great professionals behind, working hard on updates to make Kodular better every day.

2 Likes

Then you are absolutely wrong. AI is worked on at a daily basis by the developers and users from around the world. Even Kodular developers are contributing to App Inventor. Without App Inventor, Kodular wouldn’t even exist. All new ideas of working together on a project are made at App Inventor, App Inventor is working on an option to build for iOS, etc, etc, etc, etc. In a later stage Kodular could merge some of those new options into Kodular.

AI has a very small developer team that is doing a tremendous job to keep 8 million users in the world happy so they can build their apps.

14 Likes

excellent answer !!!

5 Likes

Oh, thank God I said “it looks like”, not that IS abandoned…
Kodular is years in front of AI in therms of design and functionalities.
What is better for a developer, keep his project in AI with this slow upgrades or bring it to Kodular with all new functions and this vibrant community?
I started to code in AI, I think most of us did, but say that AI is not stuck in time if compared to Kodular is just nonsense.
Sorry if this ugly truth hurt your feellings, but it is what it is…

1 Like

I use Google chrome, it work well on my pseudo potato laptop.

1 Like

AI is a learning tool. Kodular is a full fledged app builder. But… a lot of the new functions that Kodular will maybe get in the future will come from App Inventor for instance the ability to collaborate on a project or there is a great chart component developed at App Inventor that will work with every sensor in your phone and then some.

So there isn’t any ugly truth. AI and Kodular have to very different functions. But that doesn’t make AI any bit less valuable then Kodular.

3 Likes

The User Experience is much better in Google Chrome. However, it is true that it uses a lot of resources
I’ve seen lots of reviews about the upcoming Microsoft Edge (powered by Chromium), saying it’s much lighter than Chrome, so maybe it might be an alternative

5 Likes

AI also has high standards of code review that any new feature should live up to. This is expected of any quality OSC project, given code-readability should be maintained at all times.
A simple PR at AI can take months to be approved because reviewers are not always full-time AI developers, and so they may not find time to review changes asap. Moreover, changes made to AI sources go through several iterations of review and edits before being merged.

At Kodular, we do not have any such issues that make addition of new features rather time-consuming. Since we’re a more integrated team, we are able to review and edit faster than others, and since Kodular is closed source, we can get away with using “kludges” and “optimisations” that may not always make sense. It is easy to ask the original developer about said changes, since they’re a part of the team too. That’s how we are able to bring out features at quite a rapid pace.

4 Likes

For me, Firerox (Actually GNU Icedove ) has the least lag.

1 Like

And you didn’t hear any of it from me :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Firefox all the way, barely visible lag :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

/Boban

5 Likes

In your opinion, what is the best browser to use Kodular?

• Chrome
  • Firefox
  • Edge
  • Safari
  • Opera
  • Brave
  • Internet Explorer
  • Maxthon
  • Netspace Browser
  • UC Browser
  • Tor Browser
  • Vivaldi
  • Dolphin Browser

0 voters

For me, it’s firefox :wink:

6 Likes

I didn’t even know there were so many browsers.

I use chrome and kodular’s performance on it is not good, but I’m getting used to it (it got worse with the new design, my PC is not the best), I tried firefox, but it seems slower with Kodular.

2 Likes